Skip navigation
emmace
Currently Being Moderated

video has "trial version" written across it after I purchased software?

May 24, 2013 7:53 AM

Hi - I started a video in the trial version, so it has a message "created in the trial version of Elements" across each video".  I have now purchased the software, but this message is still appearing - how do I remove it?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2013 5:21 PM   in reply to emmace

From the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433730?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to emmace

emmace

The important point to remember about this task is that you can remove (after purchase) the Adobe watermark from a project (project.prel) created in the tryout, but you cannot remove the Adobe watermark from an export of the Timeline of that tryout.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to emmace

emmace

Thanks for the follow up and the opportunity to help.

Best wishes to your parents on their anniversary. They will much appreciate the love and talent that you put into your video.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to emmace

When one has output a finished product, or Rendered the Timeline in the trial, the Deletion of the Render files, will fix the problem, once the S/N has been added. So very glad that you found the fix. Note: the process of Deleting the Render Files will, in no way, affect any output file, which has the watermark - only subsequent output files (Export/Share), after the addition of the S/N. Any file that was output, during the time of the trial, will have the watermark burned into them, and those cannot be changed - only new output files, after the Deletion of the Render Files, the Media Cache, and the insertion of the S/N, will be without that "trial" watermark.

Happy Anniversary!

Hunt

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Note: text added for clarification.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 8:24 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Could you revisit

When one has output a finished product, or Rendered the Timeline in the trial, the Deletion of the Render files, will fix the problem, once the S/N has been added. So very glad that you found the fix.

The "When one has output a finished product...." even with a purchased S/N will not work. The watermark cannot be removed from an export of the tryout. That has been verified some time ago by Adobe in one of these threads. And, I know from first hand experience this is so.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2013 10:32 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

If one has output a final video, then of course that will not be changed by the addition of the S/N. That is a finished video file, and if there is a watermark, it will be burned into it. However, if one has a Project, done in the trial version, then the addition of the S/N, and deletion of any Render files, will allow one to output a "clean" video file.

Are you saying that there is a way to remove the watermark from a video file, output from the trial? I cannot imagine that would be possible, unless one did a bunch of highly technical work in After Effects.

Maybe I am missing what you are trying to tell us?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

You wrote

Are you saying that there is a way to remove the watermark from a video file, output from the trial? I cannot imagine that would be possible, unless one did a bunch of highly technical work in After Effects.

No,. And, I did not say that. That was the whole point of my request for you to revisit what you wrote in post #5 to emmace stating the contrary, that being...

When one has output a finished product, or Rendered the Timeline in the trial, the Deletion of the Render files, will fix the problem, once the S/N has been added. So very glad that you found the fix.

That is all that I am trying to tell you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

It is the processing of either Rendering, or outputting (Exporting/Sharing), that creates the Render Files, and keeps the Project from being output, again, without that watermark. Those Render Files must be Deleted, so that one can output an AV file without the watermark, once the S/N has been inserted.

I think that I see where you are becoming confused with my statement above, and will annotate that, to make it more difficult to confuse.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Please refer to the Adobe Forum thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4797656

and the comments of Vipul viabhav (Adobe Staff) when I asked for clarification of the classic how to remove the Adobe watermark from the Adobe tryout work.

vipul vaibhav   76 posts
    Jul 3, 2010

8. vipul vaibhav,

Oct 23, 2012 9:47 PM    in reply to A.T. Romano 

There's no way to remove the overlay from the exported video.  and i was referring to the .prel .  Media cache has the conformed and indexed files and rendered files are in the preview files folder generally saved next to the project save location.  My apologies for directing the user to media cache. preview files should be the one deleted to force PRE 11 to rerender the timeline nd generate new files without the watermark.

I offer Vipul viabhav's statement in support of the point that I have been trying to make

• from project.prel, yes after purchase
    • from exported video (to disc or file), no even after purchase.

I hope the above does not leave any room for confusion.

Hopefully our discussion will help others if and when they have to address this issue.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

That is exactly the point that I have been attempting to make also.

If one HAS Shared/Exported an AV file, during the trial period, it WILL have banner burned into it, and nothing can be done to remove the banner from that file.

At the Project level, once the program has been purchased and the S/N added, one will need to clean the Render Files and Media Cache, if any Rendering or Sharing/Exporting was done from that Project, to be able to output an AV file without the banner.

I do not understand how you seem to think that my statements contradict what Vipul has posited, but maybe I am just missing it. Can you be specific where you find a contridiction?

Thank,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Based on what you wrote on post 11, we both seem to be on the same page on this. Best leave it at that.

My hang up has been on your inclusion in post #5 of "When one has output a finished product... " appearing to support removal of an Adobe tryout watermark from a finished product. I have been interpreting your "...output a finished product..." as an exported file saved to the hard drive and/or the burned to disc in hand which I know will not permit for the Adobe tryout watermark removal.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

If one has not output a file from a trial Project, or has not Rendered the Timeline, then there should be no Render Files. It is the operation of outputting a file, or Rendering the Timeline, that burns in the watermark.

That would lead me to believe that if one has just created a Project in the Trial (the banner will appear in the Timeline and during playback in the Program Monitor), and has NOT Rendered that Timeline, nor created an output tile (the two operations that will burn in the banner), then the unlocking of the trial, with the S/N should mean that from that point on, the Project can be output, without the banner.

If the Timeline HAS been Exported/Shared, or Rendered, then one will have to Delete the Render Files and the Media Cache files, to clear that banner from SUBSEQUENT Exports/Shares. Nothing will affect any file that was output during the trial session - those will have the banner permanently burned in.

Is that not correct?

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Just when I thought that we were on the same page back in post #11,,,,,

Media Cache Files have nothing to do with this matter. I am supported in that by Adobe Staff and its post that I quoted back in post #10 of this thread.

For the rest, I would suggest a time out for you to reflect on what I have written and rewritten.

But I will see if I can setup for a Premiere Elements 11 Windows tryout and look at the scenario with Adobe tryout watermarks and no rendered files.

More comments on that and your post #13 comments, coming soon.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 1:56 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Ah, I see the Vipul ammended the references to the Media Cache files. I had seen several of his replies in other threads, where those were mentioned, along with the Rendered Files. I was going by what he had originally posted to those.

Thank you for that clarification.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

After this post, I will write no more in this thread on the subject of removing the watermark in the project.prel and/or an export derived there from when the project.prel is from the Adobe downloaded installed trail version of Premiere Elements 11 or other.

1. Under no conditions have I, or anyone else for that matter, ever been able to remove the watermark from an export of the Premiere Elements tryout version. (clearly confirmed by Adobe employee in prior post in this thread.)

2.  The general consensus is that this watermark can be removed in the project.prel once it is used in Premiere Elements with a purchased serial number. And, the deletion of the rendered files (aka preview files) is a required part of that feat.

3. However, when curiosity got the better of me when you asked "What happens if one does not render the project.prel (no rendered files) and proceeds to saving of the project.prel and

a. reopening it in a purchased Premiere Elements

and/or

b. exporting that unrendered Timeline to file, such as, DV AVI?"

Again, nothing could remove the watermark from the DV AVI or any other export of this unrendered Timeline (or rendered Timeline).

However, when it came to using the project.prel (from tryout) saved as rendered or unrendered project.prel, the watermark was GONE* when with just reopening the project.prel in the purchased...in one case, no preview files seen, in the other preview files in full view with watermark in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder for that project.prel.

All sorts of speculations come to mind, including maybe the deletion per say is not required, instead a breakage of the link between the preview file and the corresponding file on the Timeline. This type of thing can be seen when one is looking at the situation when project.prel is saved rendered (green line over Timeline content) and reopened to find an unrendered look (red or orange line over Timeline content). In this instance the preview files have not been deleted. They are still alive in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews File Folder.

______________________________________________________________________ __________________

*reported at least once before by a user other than myself who did not have to remove rendered files in purchased to remove watermark from tryout project.prel.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I still think that either there is major confusion, or I have not correctly articulated the issue of removing the watermark from an Exported/Shared/Published file. That cannot be done, except perhaps with a great deal of Rotoscoping work in Adobe After Effects - something that I would never devote the time to attempt to do. Once a file has been output from the trial version, that output file will always have the watermark.

Sorry for any confusion.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Welcome back.

Hope you had good travel and lots of photo and video opportunities.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Thank you.

It was great - I could not have asked for a better trip.

Shot no video, but did manage to fill a 32GB SD card - lots of vineyard and winery images.

However, nice to be back home again!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points