Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 10 from disk to MacBook Pro - no disk drive on laptop?

May 24, 2013 2:46 PM

I have PSE 10 on disk and use it on my iMac.  I have just purchased a MacBook Pro and would like to put my PSE 10 onto it.  However, the MacBook Pro has no disk drive.  How to I get PSE 10 onto my MacBook Pro?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to georgeduck

Use the instructions here to download the PSE10 trial software and then enter your serial number when installing.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-10-direct-download-links- pse-premiere-pre.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 3:45 AM   in reply to georgeduck

I'd suggest phoning the sales dept of Adobe with serial numbers for both programs in hand.  Hopefully you had registered them with Adobe when you bought them.  Explain your problem & they should be able to help you as they did with me.  If you didn't register your products there is still hope if you speak to hem.  I hadn't, but they had my name associated with my PSE 10.

Alternately, you can buy an external disc drive.

By the way, be sure to update and verify your catalog before doing the transfer.  I wish I had done the research before doing the data migration & update from PC with 10 to Macbook with 11.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to SK Prairie Chicken

For Lightroom, just download the latest update. Each Lightroom update is a full installation of the application (that removes the previous version if you have it installed). No special tricks required here.

For Elements, I tested the links from the link I gave you and it worked fine, downloaded Elements 10. Did you follow ALL of the directions? You have to follow steps 0-6 just to get things set up. The link in the instructions leads to the latest trial version (currently 11), but once you have things set up, you have to use a separate set of links below the instructions. These links won't lead to a web page, as they are direct file downloads.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points