Skip navigation
darshan1.shah
Currently Being Moderated

Is it required to deactivate an adobe after effect before formatting a computer??

May 24, 2013 11:41 PM

Is it required to deactivate an adobe after effect before formatting a computer??

because my adobe after effect is licence version & the windows suddenly cress & i need to format pc ……so what i do…..in this case???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 24, 2013 11:49 PM   in reply to darshan1.shah

Please note I edited my previous post, which folks accesing the forums won't be able to see because edits are not broadcast.

Ask in the After Effects forum to make sure.

You don't specify whether you are on a perpetual license or in the Creative Suite monthly subscription.  Please do so when you post over there.

Keep in mind that you're not addressing Adobe in these user forums.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2013 3:59 AM   in reply to darshan1.shah

Well, there's also a Creative Suite forum.  Personally I'm not familiar with After Effects at all.

In general however, if you are going to install the application on the very same computer and hard drive, you do not have to deactivate first.

However, if you end up with a different CPU or another hard drive, then yes, you should deactivate it.

Just keep in mind that you only get a limited number of re-activations, so don't waste them unnecessarily.

Contact Adobe customer service if in doubt as to the number of activations you have left.

Also note that I have no experience with Creative Suites on a subscription basis, so I'm talking from the point of view of my perpetual licenses to Adobe applications.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points