Skip navigation
creationsbydiane@aol.com
Currently Being Moderated

Where is photoshop elements 11 catalog files stored in windows 7 for carbonite to back up?

May 25, 2013 5:46 AM

Tags: #photoshop_elements_11

Where is photoshop elements 11 catalog files stored in windows 7 for carbonite to back up?  Also any other files besides the pictures that I should back up?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to creationsbydiane@aol.com

creationsbydiane@aol.com wrote:

Where is photoshop elements 11 catalog files stored in windows 7 for carbonite to back up?  Also any other files besides the pictures that I should back up?

Very important : your catalog does not contain your pictures. They are where you have imported them in your computer. If they are all under a master folder like 'My Pictures' or 'Pictures', you should set your backup software to backup those folders.

The catalog itself is mainly a database keeping all the information about your pictures : location, keywords, ratings, albums...

It's a folder containing the dababase and several other components. You find its location looking in the help section, system info.

The integrated backup / restore process in Elements saves both your media files and the catalog.

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Backin g_up_your

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points