Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Video and sound synchronization issue

May 25, 2013 10:09 AM

Tags: #synchronized_video #audio_playback #audio_out_of_sync

I recently made some movies with my Samsung Galaxy SII phone video recorder and when I uploaded it to create a movie I found the sound and audio out of sync. Is that a way to fix this problem with Premiere elements 11?              

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to JamesLeeNH

Welcome to the forum.

I do not know about the Samsung Galaxy, but many smartphones w/ camera capabilities, like the iPhone 5, record video with a variable Frame Rate (FPS). This can cause many issues, as Premiere (both Pro and Elements) do not detect and work with the variable Frame Rates - only fixed Frame Rates. This could be a problem, but someone, who knows the Samsung will have to comment, and verify the FPS for its video.

If you run one of the Samsung files through G-Spot, or MediaInfo (PC) and both free, or Media Inspector (Mac, but I do not know if that is free), you should be able to determine the FPS Frame Rate. If it is variable, then that is likely the problem.

Many users have been able to use Apple's QuickTime Pro (US $29 upgrade/unlock), to Export the iPhone variable Frame Rate files to a fixed Frame Rate one, that WILL work in Premiere.

If the variable Frame Rate is not the cause, then perhaps this FAQ Entry will be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1982330#1982330

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to JamesLeeNH

Great news!

From that Android forum, did you find out if your phone does shoot with variable Frame Rate, like an iPhone does?

I will tuck Handbrake away for future camera phone questions. I see it recommended for a lot of other conversions, but did not recall it converting variable Frame Rate to a constant Frame Rate. I had only read of QT Pro being used.

Thank you, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 12:59 PM   in reply to JamesLeeNH

James,

Thank you for that confirmation. It is, as I suspected.

So glad that you found Handbrake to do the conversion for you.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points