Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot watch video

May 25, 2013 10:36 AM

Vwry often I get a little window, when I want to watch a video. The text says for instance:

"www.xxx.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer"

- and then I can click on "Allow" or "Deny", but no matter where I click, nothing happens.

HELP

Replies
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 25, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

post a link to a url that causes the problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 26, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

you are problaby just having problems with poorly coded flash ads/apps etc (and there are a lot of them out there).  there are so many, in fact, that i use an automatic flash blocker so my browser (ff) plays no flash unless i explicitly activate the add/app etc. that i want to view.

i used to use a flash killer, that allowed flash by default but allowed me to kill flash on any page that was causing problems.  but recently with all the bad flash ad coding (especially on msnbc), i installed flashblock which blocks all flash, by default.

do you have the flash debug player?

anyway, here's the error i see at your link:

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.

at fv.view::FVToolbarVerticalFrame/changeDoublePageIcon()[C:\Developing\ FlipXpress\Viewer\2.6.3\fv\view\FVToolbarVerticalFrame.as:796]

at fv.view::FVToolbarVerticalFrame/updateButtons()[C:\Developing\FlipXpr ess\Viewer\2.6.3\fv\view\FVToolbarVerticalFrame.as:380]

at fv.view::FVToolbarVerticalFrame/initUI()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Vie wer\2.6.3\fv\view\FVToolbarVerticalFrame.as:226]

at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()

at fv.view::FVMainFrame/handleOpenBookReady()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\V iewer\2.6.3\fv\view\FVMainFrame.as:240]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onEmailCollected()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\V iewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:1243]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onExternalReturned()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress \Viewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:1238]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/doReport()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Viewer\2. 6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:1216]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onPermissionsLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpres s\Viewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:1015]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onLoadPermissions()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\ Viewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:908]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/parseBackAD()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Viewer \2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:877]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/parseFrontAD()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Viewe r\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:856]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/parseAD()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Viewer\2.6 .3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:835]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onInfoLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Viewe r\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:819]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onInitAuthServer()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\V iewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:808]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onArchiveLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Vi ewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:797]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onUISkinLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Vie wer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:782]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onStoriesLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Vi ewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:764]

at fv.tool::FVBookOpenTool/onAudioFileLoaded()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\ Viewer\2.6.3\fv\tool\FVBookOpenTool.as:740]

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at fv.common::FVLoadAgent/completeHandler()[C:\Developing\FlipXpress\Vie wer\2.6.3\fv\common\FVLoadAgent.as:206]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,211 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 26, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

do you have the flash debug player?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This