Skip navigation
senine
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 - Can I increase the size of the task bar and menus to make them easier to read.

May 26, 2013 10:14 AM

Tags: #cs6

My eyes are getting older every day and I am having difficulty reading the task bar items and menus. Is there any way I can make them a little larger so I do not have to lean into the screen squinting. I already wear glasses if that was going to be your answer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2013 10:26 AM   in reply to senine

You are  not alone, and I wish there was something we could do other than reduce the screen resolution (IS can be funny about working on anything but the maximum resolution). You can file a feature request at Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form, but I doubt we'll get any relief anytime soon.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to senine

If you have a bigger monitor available that you can hook up your computer to, that will help a bit. I have my laptop (13 inch) hooked up to my TV monitor (26 inch) and it makes a big difference. Another thing you can try is to increase the DPI (in Windows). That will increase the font size in a percentage that you choose. It won't increase the size of the icons in the menus, but when you point out to one you'll see the description in bigger letters. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to senine

Trifocals have helped me since bifocals were no longer up to the task. But when they fall short (or fall small) on my Mac, I use this:

two finger zoom.jpg

You'll find this in Apple Menu > System Preferences > Trackpad. Enable Screen Zoom with a checkmark, and in Options, choose a modifier key - Control, Option, or Command. To use screen zoom, keep your preferred modifier key pressed while you slide two fingers on the trackpad. Slide up to zoom in, or down to zoom out.

If you're using Windows, Search Google for terms like "how to zoom a windows computer screen in or out," without quotes. Different versions of Windows may need different approaches.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

senine wrote:

My eyes are getting older every day and I am having difficulty reading the task bar items and menus. Is there any way I can make them a little larger so I do not have to lean into the screen squinting. I already wear glasses if that was going to be your answer.

Message was edited by: peter at knowhowpro

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points