Skip navigation
jackdelamare
Currently Being Moderated

Blu-Ray - Video is Green?

May 26, 2013 11:28 AM

Creating a Blu-Ray in Encore CS6 (Windows 7 64-bit) and I seem to be having some trouble with the video itself. I've just set up chapters (video buttons etc) for the scene selection menu and the Blu-Ray is pretty much close to completion, but I've just noticed an issue with the start of the film. I noticed it first when I had rendered the motion menus, chapter 1 would glitch and flash green and skip to the next scene, on the video button. I thought it might be because there's about 10 seconds of blackness before titles start rolling at the start.

But I don't think that is the issue, as when I go into the timeline for the film, the first minute is glitched and just shows a green screen. After that, everything's fine. I'm confused because the video plays absolutely fine in Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player.

Here is a screenshot:

Green.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas? Is it as simple as my video is corrupted? Seems odd if it plays fine outside of Encore.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

It's true; makes no sense.

When I see such symptoms, I'm inclined to think hardware/video drivers and the like.

If it's Encore, I'd start by looking at the nature of the assets - is encore transcoding them?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to jackdelamare

Make sure you are looking at the column for Bluray Transcode Status (you see the one for DVD first; bluray is further to the right). If Encore sees it as Bluray spec, it should say "Do Not Transcode," not "Untranscoded."

How does it look if you import it into Premiere?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to jackdelamare

try reexporting it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

I would do a short export of the affected area, just to test that.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 6:48 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

Right click the asset, select "Replace Asset." To force Encore to remove any "bad memories," make sure the file has a different name.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 10:46 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

jackdelamare wrote:

Creating a Blu-Ray in Encore CS6 (Windows 7 64-bit) and I seem to be having some trouble with the video itself. I've just set up chapters (video buttons etc) for the scene selection menu and the Blu-Ray is pretty much close to completion, but I've just noticed an issue with the start of the film. I noticed it first when I had rendered the motion menus, chapter 1 would glitch and flash green and skip to the next scene, on the video button. I thought it might be because there's about 10 seconds of blackness before titles start rolling at the start.

But I don't think that is the issue, as when I go into the timeline for the film, the first minute is glitched and just shows a green screen. After that, everything's fine. I'm confused because the video plays absolutely fine in Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player.

Here is a screenshot:

Green.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas? Is it as simple as my video is corrupted? Seems odd if it plays fine outside of Encore.

Thanks!

What codec is the source file please?

Just because you can play a file in a media player does not mean anything much as there are all manner of hack/back engineered "codec packs" that can and do cause utter havoc with DVD authoring systems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 9:50 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

Still seems odd to me.

I really don't understand what you are ****, re the first post: " I noticed it first when I had rendered the motion menus, chapter 1 would glitch and flash green and skip to the next scene, on the video button. I thought it might be because there's about 10 seconds of blackness before titles start rolling at the start."

But at this stage, I would create a new Encore project, no menus, import as timeline the newest file (that imports and plays okay in Premiere, but still misbehaves in Encore). Does it play through in Encore okay?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 5:39 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

I'm still confused as to what you are doing. I agree it is completely odd.

I would not overlook video driver issues. But I don't see  how that fits the pattern of problems either.

I would keep narrowing down precisely what source, PR sequence, Encore settings do or do not show the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2013 11:33 AM   in reply to jackdelamare

I just worry about the original file being corrupted.

As good a theory as any. And you got it to work!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points