Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Freezing when opening project in CS5.5 Windows 7

May 26, 2013 6:47 PM

I've read where uses have been hainvg issue loading projects with linked objects like Premiere sequences.  I'm having such an issue where I can load 16% of the project and then Encore freezes and crashes.  I've deleted all the preferences and media cache files as described in one of the articles.  I've also loaded the project in Premiere before opening Encore to no avail.

I had changed the media cache from my main OS drive to my drive with the most stoage.  Once that occured I have yet to be able to open this project.  I need it opened desperately so I can finish this for my client.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit CS5.5 and yes I am the administrator of the machine.  This is the only thing holding me up as my project is done and is ready to be burned.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2013 8:43 PM   in reply to jptoney7852

I had changed the media cache from my main OS drive to my drive with the most stoage. 

How did you change it? You might try  moving it back.

Given the timing (made the change; now it doesn't work), we have to suspect a corrupt Encore project.

This often means starting over.

Try the suggestions here:

Troubleshoot damaged projects in Encore on Windows

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406006.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 28, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to jptoney7852

Try trashing your preferences in the default account.  I don't know if you got to item 12 in that list, so here it is:

12. Re-create the Adobe Encore Preferences files. 

Some problems may be caused by a damaged Preferences file.

To automatically re-create the Adobe Encore <version number> preferences file:

•  
        Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys while choosing Start > Programs > Adobe Encore <version number>. Release the keys after several seconds. The application will not start at this point, but the preferences file will be deleted.

# 
    Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Encore <version number> again to start the application. A new preferences file is created when the application starts.

Note: This procedure will not re-create the preferences for workspaces, zoom levels, or default library items. To do so, manually re-create the Adobe Encore <version number> preferences files. 

To manually re-create the Adobe Encore <version number> preferences files:

•  
        Delete the following folder:

• # 
        On Windows Vista: C:\Users\ [user name] \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Encore\<version number>.

Choose Start > Programs > Adobe Encore <version number> to start the application. New preferences files are created when the application starts.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points