Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Bridge Metadata Panel look like this...?

May 26, 2013 7:49 PM

I just updated to Photoshop CS6 from CS5.1 and trying to iron out a few issues. One is this...

In Bridge CS 6 my Metadata Panel items are truncated for some reason. There is plenty of room in the panel width, so...? I have even pulled the width out further than shown below. There are no problems with the other panels.

Below are pics of the same panel in my install of CS 6 and then the same panel in my installation of CS 5.1.  Thanks.

Bridge-CS-6.jpgBridge-CS-5.jpg

CS 6                                                                                                CS 5.1

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 26, 2013 7:58 PM   in reply to *Photonic

You've made the headings column too narrow.

Hover your cursor over the space between the 'e' in Fil...e and _IGP1220.DNG.  It will change to a resizing indicator, indicating there's a hidden division there.  Drag it to the right to make enough room for the headings.

Here's what I see, by the way, when I reduce the UI color to the blackest I can get it in Bridge CS6...

BridgeMetadata.png

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,478 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 26, 2013 8:34 PM   in reply to *Photonic

You're welcome.

You might want to make notes, if you haven't already.  That way you can set up Photoshop afresh at some time in the future and make sure to touch all your favorite settings.

I just counted...  My notes for setting up Photoshop list 17 areas to tweak. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 26, 2013 9:53 PM   in reply to *Photonic

You might be interested to know there's a separate, dedicated Adobe Bridge forum. 

A search there may or may not have been productive, however.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/bridge?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points