Skip navigation
Rennikz
Currently Being Moderated

Problem Exporting a Video Originally Imported using F4V Format

May 26, 2013 8:58 PM

Tags: #flash_cs6

the last version of flash i used with Macromedia Flash MX. Now i'm using Flash CS6, in fact this is my first time using it and i've been trying to get this task done for just over 12 hours now but i can't seem to figure it out....

I have 3 videos that i split up into 3 scenes using windows live movie maker

then i used media encoder to convert all the cenes to F4V

From there, i imported the first Scene of each video into individual layers in Flash CS6 used the "Load external video with playback Component Method

The reason why i use that method was because when i use the other method with the video in FLV format the video and audio was out of sync when i exported/test scene

with the load external video method it works perfect in test scene... pretty much the way i want it to, however when i export the video it doesn't even play my best guess is that's because each video is only on one keyframe. and needs to be converted and action added.

am i right? where do i go from here? how can i export these scenes... what am i missing?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 27, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to Rennikz

you're not right.

the video is not in your fla.  it's loaded during runtime by the flvplayback component(s).

why are you trying to export anything from your fla?  you should be publishing (an html, main swf and possibly an flvplayback skin swf) from your fla.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 27, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to Rennikz

these are the supported youtube formats:

• .MOV
    • .MPEG4
    • .AVI
    • .WMV
    • .MPEGPS
    • .FLV
    • 3GPP
    • WebM

and, of those, only mov and avi can be exported from flash pro.  those exports are usually unsatisfactory because flash pro is not a video editing program.  ie, you are using the wrong tool for the job. 

check adobe premiere.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    May 27, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to Rennikz

check adobe premiere.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This