Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave Flash Keeps Coming Up With A Window That Has A Unresponsive Plugin?

May 29, 2013 7:30 AM

The Shockwave Flash window keeps coming up when I am on the Internet. Most of the time. It says Warning: Unresponsive Plugin. Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete. I need help fixing this issue. I am using Firefox also. Let me know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 29, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

Could you go to "about:crashes" in Firefox's addressbar and copy/paste the most recent submitted report ID links?  In addition, if you can go to "about:support" and paste the entire contents of the page that might also help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    May 29, 2013 5:33 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

The top 5 most recent report ID's should do

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to Chris Campbell

i am having the same issue but it is happening on internet explorer firefox and google chrome. It keeps happening i have the lates update of flash player. My laptop is only three months old and its getting ridiculous. I cant go on facebook, weather, anything that has a video or a game i cannot go on because it will keep popping up and saying that flash player has stopped working. i can wait for it to respond or disable it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,455 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Jun 5, 2013 5:08 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

Sorry for the delay.  Is it possible for you to paste the actual links to the report ID's instead of the ID itself?

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

your crash reports are generic hangs which we cannot pinpoint at this time.  we'll need specific steps to reproduce on our side before we can take action on it.

please be as specif as you can with steps to reproduce, including URLs, how many open windows, tabs, apps running and such.

has the issue always existed or has it come up recently with some changes?  can you recall the changes that happened with your system?

----

also, have you tried a clean Firefox profile?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove- firefox-profiles

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

starting up a fresh Firefox profile would be a great start.  don't delete your existing one just in case.

if you are an admin on your system, you could even create a new user and take that route...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

yes, use the supplied link for instruction how to launch Firefox's Profile Manager and create a new Firefox profile...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

quit out of firefox...

launch the profile manager again

select the new profile and click the "Start Firefox" button

do youstill have the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

the new profile is like starting fresh.  your old profile is still accessible should you need to retrieve information.  we just needed to prove that the issue was with your existing profile. 

are you still getting non responsive error messages?

if not, there's something specific to your old profile that may be causing the problem which is not specific to Flash Player.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

so, were you getting the option to stop the script prior?  i was under the assumption you did not and the browser would hang and you needed to or Firefox shut down on it's own.

does the unresponsive prompt on all flash content of specific sites? the error could possibly be content related, meaning it is badly coded and stuck in some sort of loop.  this would not be a flash player issue, but rather the content provider problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

I'm experiencing the very same problem.

Here's a link to the most recent crashes:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/619efde0-cabb-43fc-8a06-4 0ca92130619

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/1d67883b-c897-4760-a58d-f 38ec2130619

It keeps happening since i updated firefox and flash to the respective last versions. Didn't install anything else.

The error occurs when i open a page during normal navigation, even with a single window opened. Seems to happen while Firefox, according to the info showed on the bottom of the page, is loading something that uses flash from a website, like a banner or some kind of animation in the page.

Also noticeable that Youtube videos pretty often won't start until a few seconds and sometimes i even have to reload the page for them to start.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 7:06 AM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

Since the last update this has became a serious problem. Same as Shendue since updating FF and Flash. I am mostly running Facebook apps and all of them have the problem. When running 2 simultanous its a garantee for failure, espacially when 1 of them is loading.

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/f21e5180-b1e6-4f93-bf88-5 6e632130720

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/07cedff4-c043-46e1-af48-b fad42130719

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/ed7cace1-be8c-4c66-924b-6 989f2130719

Regards TGusBo.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to TGusBo

A clean Firefox profile seems to help quite a bit, thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

im having the exact same issue Mark and i dont know what to do, tried installing and reinstalling firefox and adobe flash and still getting that error message. most of the time it is happening on ebay and most of the times on youtube.

it has brought me to a complete standstill as i cannot do what i normally do and it is very annoying now. what version of firefox are you using and what version of flash do you have installed? also, when you uninstall, do you go to start > control panel > programs and features > flash? or do you go to C drive > windows > sysWOW64 > macromed > flash? let me know if you have any progress on this issue as we definetaly have the same issue

kyzer

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

first thing to try - have you opened tools > firefox help > trouble shooting information > reset firefox? let me know if you have or havnt

if you have, can you open internet explorer, go to youtube and it will tell you that you need to download flash player (if you click on it it will take you to the site directly with the latest version) uncheck the mcafee security scan feature and let it install. can you then tell me if the installation was successful? if it was, reboot and see if you have the same problem, monitor it and let me know if you get the error message again. if the message does come up then you will have to go through a full uninstall/reinstallation which hopefully will sort your problem (i will try my best to guide you through this). i had the flash installed only on the firefox browser but flash was supposed to work on all browsers once installed so when i downloaded flash for internet explorer its worked for me since so i am not going to use firefox as i do not want to encounter the problem again. i noticed in one of your posts you mentioned you are using windows xp on a 32 bit operating system? im running windows 7 on a 64 bit so let me know because if you are going to do a full reinstallation you will need to clear some folders in your system32 folder on your C drive whereas i had to clear 2 folders (system32 and syswow64 as im using a 64 bit system) quite a bit to do if you have to go down this road but rest assured im sure it will sort out your problem

kyzer

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

ok keep an eye on it and in your firefox browsers address bar type about:plugins and see if you have shockwave flash and shockwave director enabled (you might or u might not) this might have sorted the issue but do leave a post if it gets sorted

kyzer

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 9:19 AM   in reply to MarkPetrick777

another member on the forum had the same issue and hes problem looks like its sorted by resetting and clicking on something to do with his plugins. let me see if i can find a link for you, will explain in better detail

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5719229#5719229

let me know if this is of any help

kyzer

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers