Skip navigation
DASTmedia
Currently Being Moderated

locking tracks causes intense timeline lag in premiere cs 6

May 30, 2013 5:16 AM

Tags: #issue #premiere #delay #lag #performance #cs6 #timeline #click

hey volks,

i got an issue with my timeline. When i lock a lot of tracks timeline response gets REALLY laggy. From moving the timeline, over dragging clips, or activating/deaktivating (clicking any button) tracks i have a delay up to 2 or 3 seconds. When i unlock all the tracks it works just fine.

Any advice, help?

thanks,

Rick

PS: lag is stacking with tracks locked. Locking one track is causing a very small amount of lag but any track i lock after the first one is significantly increasing the amount of lag up to total annoyance. Im not using i7 and sata 3 ssds to get a laggy performance ...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to DASTmedia

I think I recall another post about this some time ago.  You might try a forum search to see what hapened.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to DASTmedia

I'm not seeing it with my media.  What are the specs of your clips, what sequence settings, any effects?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:31 PM   in reply to DASTmedia

I did see it when I locked 8 tracks, but on my i5/560 Ti system it's still a very small amount, so small that I'd call it a slight stutter more than a lag.  Certainly not enough to get in the way of anything.

If you'd care to make a screen recording, I can compare what you're seeing to what I'm seeing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points