Skip navigation
BmoreDell
Currently Being Moderated

Troubleshoot Adobe Reader 11.0.03. Fails to launch, Auto Shutdown, Will not open PDFs

May 30, 2013 2:54 PM

Tags: #adobe_reader #11.0.03_problem

Previous version of Adobe Reader worked without fault.

I downloaded the Adobe Reader 11.0.03 update today. It has been inept.

After successfully downloading, the software will:

1) Not open - it will open briefly only to autmatically shut down after 3-5 seconds

2) Not open PDFs - Double-clicking or opening an existing PDF file will launch software, but it will (again) open briefly, only to autmoatically shut down after 3-5 seconds.

I uninstalled the software thinking it could have possibly been a "bad" install. I installed the software again and to no avail. The problem persists.

I proceeded to uninstall and reinstall three times. Each time the software fails to work.

Windows 7

English

64-bit

Need help. This update has proven to be a major, major failure and waste of time.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to BmoreDell

Copied from what I posted in many other topics; three possibilities

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
    2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
    3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points