Skip navigation
gehrmantraut1965
Currently Being Moderated

Can't access Bridge

May 30, 2013 6:14 PM

Tried to access Bridge for the first time in CS5 Web Premium, but got an error message saying it could not load. Reinstalled the software to attempt to fix it, but now Bridge doesn't even appear in the list of available applications.

What can I do?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

What OS? 

What steps did you do?  Bridge is not a seperate program so did you uninstall and re-install the whole package, or just delete Bridge? 

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 7:37 PM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

Not familiar with Mac file system.  But if you search for bridge.exe, or the mac equivalent, you should find it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 2:33 AM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

You should find it here:

Edited-screen_shot.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

Try this:

Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool
    ---------------------------------

helps resolve installation problems for CS3 thru CS6 and for Creative Cloud

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2013 3:52 PM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

What can I do?

If you have uninstalled previous and installed current CS6 and did not use it very long the best way would indeed be to deactivate CS6 with Preferences and use the official CS6 uninstaller to uninstall the lot again.

Then use the cleaner tool (see post Station-two) and also first read the info about Cleaner tool, especially about back up before uninstall and cleaner tool.

Most custom settings for Adobe (tools, actions, presets, brushes etc as well as Bridge Keywords and workspaces) are stored in the user library by default (user/library/application support / Adobe)

Don't know the specs of a Web Premium, only see info about Design and Web Premium.

Do you have a box and DVD or download version?

What applications are in the Web Premium.

Usually Bridge get's installed when you have also installed Photoshop because it is part of the installation package. Don't know about other suite version but I used to have the Design premium.

In CS4 it was possible to install and uninstall bridge separately but this has been changed in CS5 and also Creative Cloud has no separate download for Bridge, it is in the package of PS itself.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 6:42 PM   in reply to gehrmantraut1965

gehrmantraut1965 wrote:

This is exactly the issue.

Adobe Bridge does NOT appear in the applications menu! Bridge is not available to install as a separate program and even after a full uninstall and reinstall of the entire CS5 suite, Bridge is not to be found anywhere on my hard drive…

To me, that is a clear indication you at one time or another uninstalled or deleted Bridge improperly, i.e. not through the Adobe Uninstaller.

Never, ever just drag an Adobe application icon or application into the trash.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points