Skip navigation
CVilleGal
Currently Being Moderated

question about lightroom tutorials

May 31, 2013 8:36 AM

Why aren't adobetv videos tutorials for lightroom able to play in either firefox 21 or IE 10? I have tried both browsers and the video area is black with no play button. Weird. There isn't an ad blocker on -- I need help. Anyone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to CVilleGal

I use IE10 and I have no problem watching Adobe videos.

So you must have either a slow internet connection or a setting in your web-browsers prevents the display of the videos.

If slow internet connection: Wait some time until your computer was able to download enough "buffer" for the video to start. Since internet connections often vary in speed (depending on the usage) the computer downloads a portion of the video in advance before the video starts in order to have a "buffer" when the download slows down.

If it is not that, check the security settings for your web browsers, and also allow pop-ups for the Adobe website.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to CVilleGal

Yes I tried one video just before I posted my answer. No problem on my side.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 9:20 AM   in reply to CVilleGal

Yes, I can.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to CVilleGal

AdobeTV requires the use of Flash Player's Local Storage feature (sometimes called Flash cookies). If you've disabled it, the video player won't load any content and you'll just see a black box.

Right-click inside that black box, and choose Settings... In the mini-dialog that appears, set Local Storage to 100kb.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points