Skip navigation
DaiZhenLong
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere 11 did not start

Jun 1, 2013 1:27 AM

Hello

'I installed Adobe Premiere Elements 11. But after installation, i never could start. the first time i start i get a little hour glass for short time but nothing more happens. Second time i get nothing and nothing happens. After reboot it is always the same.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled it, nothing.

Also i installed the full version, and i installed the trial version,. always the same. did not start.

My system is Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate on a HP Elite 7300

Hannes

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2013 7:23 AM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

DaiZhenLong

The usual questions include:

a. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed?

c. Have you met the published System Requirements?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

d. Is your computer optimized?

Other questions include:

a. Did you have anti-virus and firewalls turned OFF during the download/installation (online) and/or installation (from installation disc)?

Let us start here and then decide what next?

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

>HP Elite 7300

For everyone who does not own that computer, what is the graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???) and what is the exact device driver version?

And, have you gone to the graphics adapter website (NOT Windows Update) to check for a newer device driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to John T Smith

I agree with John T., in that an obsolete video driver is one of the most common causes for PrE not launching.

As you have an HP, I would check with their Web site for a video driver update, since they often re-wrap the video drivers from nVidia, or AMD/ATI, for their specific version of the video chip, and their OS. Same if one has a Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, or a computer from any major mfgr.

I would not rely on Windows telling you if you have the latest driver, and would check with HP, and then, either nVidia, or AMD/ATI, depending on the mfgr. of your video chip.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

Ultimate has extra security, since it is (from what I have read) designed to be used in a "structured" environment with "IT management"

Right click the program icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop-up option window... which MAY help

Note that this is NOT the same as using an account with Administrator settings

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

I once left the Adobe fold to try Sony Home Studio (or what ever it is called) and the same thing appened.  I spent a month trying to solve it.  Basically it had to do with "Permissions" in the Windows registry.  I deleted the software a day before Sony suggested I could fix it if I created a new user and did a new install.  I was too mad to try it and returned to the Adobe clan.  Maybe it will work for you with Adobe!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

OK, thanks for the update.

After video drivers, the second most common reason for PrE not launching is a hang with a VST. Do you have any audio-editing software, with VST's?

Just working down the list of possibilities, and good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 10:26 AM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

DaiZhenLong

Thank you for your follow up and supplying the requested information. Much appreciated.

I am not sure if you tried the following but I post it since you have gone through so much already and we have not found the answer to success for you.

Think about downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 11 from Adobe. See if you can get it to run as the trial version. If and when you do, then open it an insert your purchased serial number when it asks "Buy Now" or "Continue the Trial".

But, please make sure that antivirus and firewalls are off during this download and install and until you see that you have Premiere Elements 11 project open and ready to work.

What do you think?

We will be watching for your follow up.

ATR

Add On...By the way, did you ever say how you installed Premiere Elements originally....from installation disc or from installation files from online download from Adobe? What I have suggested best lends itself to installation disc since there may be a problem getting a second download of installation files from Adobe since you already have done that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

DaiZhenLong

Thank you for the additional information.

I was unfamiliar with Adobe Digital Edition and decided to see what the was all about. It looks like it for viewing and managing ebooks. From what I have read that seems to be the case. But, it did mention the use of "high contrast mode". I am assuming that has to do with the Windows background for better visibility.

Do you have your computer set for with regard to this "high contrast mode" ?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-computer-easier-t o-see-optimize-visual-display

If you have it set for "high contrast mode" relating to your use of Adobe Digital Edition, could you turn it off and see if you can then install your Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7.

Just a guess. Since some Premiere Elements 11 users got into trouble recently with the mode, but, in that case, they could install the program, but the program presented distorted.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

Hannes

Thanks for trying the High Contrast Mode idea.

I do not know if it is possible, but can you right click the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 11, select Properties, then the Compatibility Tab. Under the Compatibility Tab, does it let you set for a specific edition of Windows 7 or just Windows 7? If only Windows 7 choice and you set for Windows 7, does it change the outcome at all?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to DaiZhenLong

DaiZhenLong

What other programs do you have on your computer that could possibly be conflicting with Premiere Elements 11? Other photo or video editors?

Have you downloaded and installed any 3rd party plug-ins or any codecs/codec packs?

Have you been in contact with Adobe about this matter? Specifically on the point "Does Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit support Premiere Elements 11? It might have some undocumented information on the question. I have seen online reports of Premiere Elements 11 being used on Windows 7 Ultimate successfully so I am not sure that approach is going to work. But maybe Adobe, as I suggested, might have some undocumented information that will work for you.

When you were running Windows 7 64 bit, did you have Photoshop Elements 11, Adobe Digital Edition, and Premiere Elements 11 all on that same computer at the same time and running well?

We will continue to think about this.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points