Skip navigation
procyte
Currently Being Moderated

Login Problem

Jun 4, 2013 2:12 PM

Since March I have been trying to login to Photoshop.com to download my non-jpg files and have called Adobe Tech support several times.  Eventually they asked me to post the question here.

When I try to login I get one of two error messages: either "Invalid email address or password" or "New accounts cannot be created at this time (or words to that effect)".

I am using a Mac, OS 10.7.5.  I have tried using Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  All have the same results.  Also tried it on a PC using Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome.  The Password has been reset 7 times using the emailed link process.  I can login to Adobe.com without problem, but not Photoshop.com, which suggests that my password and email address are valid.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill W.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2013 10:31 PM   in reply to procyte

i thought they were killing it in favour of making you pay for it via the cloud ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 8:26 PM   in reply to procyte

I just had the same trouble and got the same "New accounts cannot be created" error message.

It's been so long since I logged in, I'm not even sure I have any files left there to download or move. But since I can't log in, I don't know!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to procyte

Bill

Have you changed your email address with Adobe.com? The email you used to login to the forum is not tied to a photoshop.com account. If you have another email, we can check that. 

Regarding the changes:

A decision was made and announced several months ago to discontinue Photoshop.com sharing and storage. We gave users the option to have their photos copied to Revel rather than having all of their efforts deleted. Users who had files on Adobe Photoshop.com Sharing and storage cloud site who did not opt out, did or will have their files copied to Adobe Revel (another Adobe cloud sharing and storage service) by 6/18. The files are still available on Photoshop.com for archiving until 6/18. In case you would like to back them up. You can access our media downloader here:http://www.photoshop.com/misc/members...
    An FAQ is available here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/117428...

The option to have their files migrated to Revel was given as a convenience to users so that they did not have to go to the effort of downloading from the one site and uploading to another, since that can be very time consuming. Revel is a free account that you login to with the same credentials as you did on Photoshop.com. Although Revel is not a replacement for Photoshop.com (it has more of a focus on sharing between devices), it is an alternative. Free accounts allow 50 uploads a month, no size limit. Premium accounts are available if you wish to have unlimited uploads monthly.

All jpg photos from Photoshop.com are copied to Revel. There is a good overview about the transition and Q&A here: http://www.photoshop.com/misc/membership-faq

If you have other file formats in your Photoshop.com library  besides jpg, and they’re not already saved somewhere else, you should use the Adobe Media Downloader to save them to your computer before the Photoshop.com storage and sharing service closes on June 18, 2013. After that date, your files will no longer be accessible on Photoshop.com.Only your edited photos will be moved to Revel. If you want your original photos, please use theAdobe Media Downloader, which will download both the original and the edited version.Your album structure will be moved to Revel along with your JPEGs. Your web galleries will become albums in Revel. Current album links will continue to work.Group albums will not be moved, but the JPEG photos in the albums will be moved to Revel.

I hope this helps

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to procyte

William,

You do not have any files in your photoshop.com account created in June 2012.  Your Revel account created  3/22/13 also has not files.

If you have added files to Revel, they must be in an account associated with another email address.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to procyte

Bill-

I do not see any files there either.  I have edited out the actual email address so you won't get spam from others. The migration does not do anything except copy files from Photoshop.com to Revel, so no files are moved or deleted from anywhere. Many users get confused with Elements and think that all their files in the elements organizer are automatically in Photoshop.com also. They are only there if sync was setup and run before the migration. Could this be your case?

You can upload files from your computer to Revel easily if you follow these instructions:

FAQ: How do I add (upload) files to Revel?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1162795?tstart=0

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to procyte

I have no visibility into your Elements organizer. You can login to Photoshop.com and look to see if the files did sync, but I do not see files associated with either account. It seems that they sync was not enabled or activated. If you have the files on your computer, you can upload them to Revel. The first 30 days has unlimited uploads.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 7:13 PM   in reply to procyte

I work on Revel and I am not sure if versions of elements without the ogranizer did a sync to Photoshop.com or not. I know that Elements 8,9,and 10 did. Do you have the photos on your hard drive, or backed up anywhere? As I said, I see no files in either account on Photoshop.com so uploading from a backup would be one way to load them to Revel.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 9:33 PM   in reply to procyte

Sorry Bill, we do not actually  have access to your computer and nothing in Photoshop.com is moved or deleted, just copied to Revel. I can't really figure out why the files did not get to Photoshop.com since that part happens from your own computer and I don't know how you had it configured. Generally it is either that people did not sync if they have elements or did not copy files to Photoshop.com . Often times they have copies on their computer and can upload to Revel. Elements 6 did not save to your computer also? I wish I could help further, but I can only check Photoshop.com and Revel. The rest is on your side.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points