Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I setup Photoshop CC to save jpg/png

Jun 4, 2013 2:00 PM

Hey guy's, i'm looking for plugins for Photoshop CC, I have a full license and need a plugin for jpg / png saves, Super PNG is installed in my plugins folder but it still doesn't give me the option to save. I'm just trying to type a font and save it .. can someone please help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 4, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to thunkinz

<< Moved to Photoshop Forum >>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 3:02 PM   in reply to thunkinz

Photoshop CC will not be released until two weeks from now.

What you have is not CC (which will be called Photoshop 14.x) but a copy of Photoshop 13.x (still "CS6") through the subscription/cloud model, but it's not "CC".

I'll address your user-error caused issue in the next post.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to thunkinz

Your issue stems from your improperly installing old or redundant plug-ins in your Photoshop Plug-Ins folder, or in having pointed your Photoshop preferences to an "Additional plug-ins folder" with older plug-ins.

Go back and make sure that preference is NOT checked, and also go back and delete any plug-ins you installed in there.  Then re-launch Photoshop,

No Adobe plug-in belongs in the Photoshop Plug-Ins folder at all.  The  necessary Adobe plug-ins are already installed by default where you're not supposed even to see them, in the Required folder.  Only install freshly downloaded, updated and 64-bit compatible plug-ins from the third-party web site and follow their installation instructions precisely, preferably through their installer, if available.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to thunkinz

PNG is only available when the document is RGB or Gray, and is 8 or 16 bits per channel. Maybe you've been creating CMYK documents.

CMYK docs can be saved to JPEG. JPEG supports 8 bpc only. If your doc is 16 bpc then Ps CS6 will do an on-the-fly conversion from 16 to 8 bpc when saving to JPEG but earlier versions of Ps require you to first convert 16 to 8 bpc for JPEG to become available.

The SuperPNG plug-in should be put in folder:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins/

Optional Adobe plug-ins which can be downloaded separately from the Photoshop installer should be put in there, too.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 5, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to thunkinz

thunkinz wrote:

Hey guy's, i'm looking for plugins for Photoshop CC, I have a full license and need a plugin for jpg / png saves,

it still isn't allowing me to save to jpg or png

Assuming you're trying to save the right kinds of document, and PNG or JPG is just not showing up in the list of file formats during File - Save As, first and foremost, something is wrong with Photoshop, because you're supposed to be able to save these file types right out of the box, without any extra plug-ins.

Just to confirm:  If you create a new, 8 bits/channel RGB document, then try to File - Save As, do you see the entries listed below in the list of formats?

SaveFileFormatsPsCS6.png

Rather than try to look for plug-ins, let's try to figure out why your Photoshop isn't providing you its native options.

Can you please choose Help - System Info from the Photoshop menus, copy the results, and paste them into a response here?  Usually basic problems can be spotted there.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points