Skip navigation
matt pence
Currently Being Moderated

Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) preset

Jun 4, 2013 2:28 PM

I need to download the Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) preset for Photoshopt CS6, but cannot find it anywhere on the web.

I spent quite awhile on the phone with support, and after some pretty exhaustive back and forth, their best recommendation was to refer me here, where an Adobe engineer could help me, or a Jedi Knight caliber user? I'd be happy to receive help from anyone at all.

I am trying my hardest to use Photoshop to process a video, using Alien Skin's Exposure 4 (my favorite plugin of all time, and a huge part of my photo workflow).

I would happily use Premier, but Premiere cannot use Exposure 4.

I discovered how to install the other ProRes presets here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5411&fileID= 5030

but the ProRes 422 (HQ) is not included in that download. Since I am exporting from FCPX at 422 (HQ), I do not want to suffer any degradation on the round trip to Photoshop, so I want to find the 422(HQ) preset.

If anyone can get me to the Applle ProRes (HQ) preset, I would be very grateful.

I would also be grateful if someone could just tell me that the difference between ProRes 422, and ProRes 422 (HQ) is inconsequential, I'd be happy to hear that, as well. If that were the case, i'd just operate at regular old 422 and know that I was doing my best to protect the footage.

thanks,

I'm on a 5,1 MacPro running FCPX 10.8 and Photoshop CS6 v13 (trial), I also own Photoshop CS5.1

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 5, 2013 12:03 AM   in reply to matt pence

Hello, Do you have Compressor installed? it should install the Apple-provided presets, if I'm not mistaken...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to matt pence

Have you found any solution to this, I am having the same issue.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 11:14 PM   in reply to matt pence

Sorry if I sound dumb, I am fairly new to this software. This is posted in a Photoshop discussion board and you talk about Photoshop but it sounds like Premiere Pro stuff to me. Am i wrong?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points