Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Facebook Publish Services

Jun 4, 2013 6:54 PM

I can't figure out how to create a new folder in lightroom to post photos to a new album in lightroom.  When I'm in the publishing manager there are no options under the settings for Facebook album.  Can anyone direct me to figure this out.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 6, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to Huskerfan29

I have been uploading collections for over a year now and until yesterday experienced very few problems.  Starting yesterday I was unable to upload anything.  I kept getting erro messages stating something to the effect of: Can't find the album".  When I attemtped to reauthorize through the publisher it forces me to pick an album which I dont recall having to do before.  Has there been a change with lightroom or facebook in the last couple of days?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to Huskerfan29

I'm having the same problems as you are having.  This plugin has been such a pain from the start.  I can't Jeff Friedl's facebook plugin to work either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to Huskerfan29

I absolutely think this is a FB problem...They must be messing around with their scripts. I'm hoping it will take them a few days and correct it. I have had all of these problems listed above within the past week or so. It used to work perfectly, everything was authorized and would publish flawlessly...then a few days ago, it would publish to FB but I had to start authorizing the publish service for every single post. Then on the next day, I was able to authorize the service with FB but it won't let me pick an album so that I can save my changes. It does however create a new album and put inside FB but it never shows up within the Publish Service Manager in Lightroom.

I'm hoping its a problem like the copyright metadata. Used to...the "copyright" metadata used to be transfered into FB when ever you published a photo from Lightroom into FB...and then FB quit allowing the "copyright" metadata into FB.

Someone let me know if and when they fix this problem! I have gotten spoiled by this service and its screwing up my work flow!

The reason that leads me to believe this is a FB problem, is I really doubt there is something wrong with all of our Lightrooms. I'm running Lightroom 3.6 and Lightroom 4.4 and it's the exact same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to FAMEbyJustin

This has been discussed in another discussion also, but I have reported it as a bug

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightoom_faceboo k_publish_plugin_no_longer_authorises_or_retrieves_albums_or_update_pu blished_collections

I think the more people that tag this as a problem the quicker it "might" be looked at!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 1:07 AM   in reply to macallf

Same problem here on LR 3.6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to Huskerfan29

same problem here! No fb album list and therefor no albums to choose from (creating albums works fine, but don't show up in the list in lightroom)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to Gezichtsveld

Got the same thing.  I was able to authorize and publish photos last week. Now I can't get LR to "save" my FB authorization. I have installed the 4.4 version as well.  Neither one will let me publish to FB now!/?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2013 4:45 PM   in reply to Huskerfan29

I have been having the exact same problem as huskerfan29.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 10, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to Huskerfan29

On Facebook there is a LR page https://www.facebook.com/lightroom?fref=ts

The same thing is being discussed there and the page owners posted this:

https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/400463710068017?browse=search_51b 52555244558d64558608

Seems it is "known" and that Facebook folk are looking in to it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to Huskerfan29

Facebook reported the problem as "Now Solved"
    I tried mine and it is now working perfectly again. Facebook seemed to fix the problem! It took exactly 7 days from last Tuesdays update. But it seems to be working fine now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 6:44 PM   in reply to FAMEbyJustin

Still doesn't work for me!!! Will not authorise, will not create new collections and will not retrieve album lists :/

FB have changed their authorisation API, JF had to amend his plugin because of it and adobe have acknowledged that FB have amended their API and they need to amend the plugin!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 7:30 PM   in reply to Huskerfan29

Guys,

the issue is FIXED! not sure about all the Lightroom versions, but just installed version 5.0 and here's what I did:

- In my web browser I went to account settings -> apps

- Deleted Lightroom app (but KEPT all the activitiy in FB)

- closed all my web browser windows

- Opened Lightroom, went to Publish SErvices

- Reloaded FB plugin

- Went to my FB settings and clicked on "authorize"

- Browser window comes up (I made sure to have Internet Explorer as default)

- Login to FB and authorize access (to everything)

- Voila!

I just created a new album and uploaded several pictures .... the horror is gone

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 7:59 PM   in reply to rodrigomancilla

My apologies, now working for me too!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to rodrigomancilla

rodrigomancilla wrote:

Guys,

the issue is FIXED! not sure about all the Lightroom versions, but just installed version 5.0 and here's what I did:

- In my web browser I went to account settings -> apps

- Deleted Lightroom app (but KEPT all the activitiy in FB)

- closed all my web browser windows

- Opened Lightroom, went to Publish SErvices

- Reloaded FB plugin

- Went to my FB settings and clicked on "authorize"

- Browser window comes up (I made sure to have Internet Explorer as default)

- Login to FB and authorize access (to everything)

- Voila!

I just created a new album and uploaded several pictures .... the horror is gone

try that with two different computer.

FB upload only works for the computer you have authorized FB on last.

from the other computer no way until you do the same steps again.

but then the uploads from the first computer will not work.

that´s the case.. at least here.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2014 1:45 PM   in reply to Huskerfan29

You can publish to google drive using a plugin by Jeffrey Friedl, then have drive photos automatically available on google+:

https://plus.google.com/+GoogleDrive/posts/immERCA18Qm

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/google-drive

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points