• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't save settings

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I start, I will say that I have literally tried everything. Not average joe everything, I mean full on everything.

Windows 7, Firefox.

Last week, I decided it was time to reinstall my OS since I'd just bought some new HDDs and a new SSD. First thing I did was a full backup of my old, which worked without issue.

I then migrated all of my data over peice by peice, including both my Firefox profiles and the Macromedia folder in AppData/Roaming. I still have these backups.

However, when using twitch.tv and YouTube earlier, I noticed nothing was saving.. Twitch was defaulting to the lowest quality and max volume, and YT was defaulting to max volume. Naturally, I tried reinstalling Flash. No dice.

I then uninstalled flash, deleted both macromedia folders from AppData/Roaming and /Local, deleted all mozilla AppData folders, and then reinstalled flash and Firefox.

It still didn't work.

Since then, I've been trying every single combination possible. I have many, many years worth of flash game saves, flash config options, and various other things that I desprately want saved. My biggest issue here is the fact that even nuking everything didn't fix the issue. There was literally nothing left to remove, I even checked ProgramData. I've also checked permissions for any folders that I used to have in AppData, and it's all fine. Running everything in admin still doesn't make a lick of difference.

If anyone can help me with this, I will seriously appreciate it. This is getting me down now.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add that I've been through all the standard settings, and everything is set to be allowed to save.

EDIT2: Downgraded to 11.6.602.1 and everything works absolutely perfectly. This is ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Thanks, I've given the public bug database team a heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go ahead and open a bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  I suspect we'll have a hard time reproducing this but I'd like to get this added since 11.6 works for you.

In addition, what happens if you create a new, temporary user account?  Is that account able to save setting changes with 11.7?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on, I'll update this post in 15 minutes or so when I've checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, It did not work on a new user account.

I actually had issues with 11.7.700.169 when it was first released, twitch.tv flat out wouldn't play anything. I ended up downgrading back then. With 202, the main videos play but anything embedded doesn't. This is true of a few other random applets, and obviously nothing saved.

11.6.602.180 works flawlessly however.

I'll get that bug report made now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

If you are up for it, you might also want to try the steps outlined in this FAQ.  It basically attempts to fix up the permissions for both registry and folder permissions.  However, with 11.6 working I suspect something else might be to blame.

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

You might also want to give our 11.8 beta build a try to see if that makes a difference.

6/4/2013 - Flash Player 11.8.800.75 Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already had a poke around with the permissions, and everything seemed to be fine. It does all still work fine with 11.6 obviously.

I've given the beta a try, and there is absolutely no improvement at all. some Applets are still broken, and settings still aren't being saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this only happen with Firefox or are IE and Chrome also effected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, when I was on my old system before the OS reinstall and before the downgrade, chrome worked without a hitch.

I'll quickly check IE, but I'd rather not install chrome at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up installing chrome, and the ax version of flash.

They both work as expected with 11.7

:E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, you might want to try resetting your Firefox profile.  This has helped in the past when odd, unexplainable and difficult to reproduce behaviors have occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in the OP, I deleted the entire Mozilla folder at one point. Completely fresh with no profile, and it still did not work.

(Also, I've got 3 years worth of usage and settings on this, even with Sync it's not easy to get back to where I am now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that our sandboxing changes to 11.7 are somehow involved.  Let's try temporarily disabling protected mode in the mms.cfg to see if that helps.  One of the final steps in this FAQ describes the process.

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely and utterly instantly fixed.

I'm guessing that it's more dangerous using that than it is the old 11.6 version, I'll downgrade back to that.

(Also, out of curiosity, why are the 32x dlls in syswow64, and the 64x dlls in system32?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, if you wouldn't mind please add that as a comment to your bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've given the public bug database team a heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Fingers crossed that this can be fixed, glad we found a workaround =p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 x64

firefox 24.0

i am having the exact same problem, flash player 11.6.602.180 works just fine while every later version will not save any kind of data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, it seems like it was never properly fixed. I'm still having to use 11.6.602.180 as well on firefox 24 and 25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If possible, I would recommend commenting in the bug report.  The last comments, back in June, were from an Adobe employee looking for additional information.  We haven't been able to reproduce this internally so we'll need more information to track this down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines