• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashBuilder won't start

Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using windows 7.

Starting via double clicking the executable results in the loading screen and then nothing.

SOMETIMES, when started via the command-line, a popup appears after the initial splash screen saying that "the workspace is currently in use", which suggests that FlashBuilder is still running - which it isn't.

When started from the commandline using the FlashBuilderC.exe I get:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)>flashbuilderc.exe

Exception in thread "Thread-5" org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Device is disposed

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4168)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1258)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.wake(Display.java:4873)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor$1.run(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:797)

Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchActivityHelper$4

Any Ideas?

Also, why is Abode support so bad?  I don't see many Adobe support comments on the Adobe forums and when going through the support portal http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=flash-builder&topic=using-my-product-or-service the phone number they provide isn't in use!!

I can't believe how expensive this product is for the quality it provides - my other post http://forums.adobe.com/message/5338632.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Flash Builder just crashed on my machine and now refuses to open—giving this error verbatim when I try to launch it from a command prompt.

EDIT: Google led me to this post, which mentions deleting the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\org.eclipse.core.resources directory (see the 2nd comment by christoph). This allowed Flash Builder to start again, but I had to import all my projects (thanks, Adobe, for wasting an hour of my time today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks stenrap2.. Only an hour wasted?  That's good!

I did solve it yes - I did something similar to http://forums.adobe.com/message/4611386.

Although, I'm not sure why there's a cleanup tool instead of actually fixing the issues and costing developers time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this same issue.

I looked into what was suggested in the link Stenrap2 gave [removed by moderator], but instead of deleting the whole C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\.metadata folder, I went into there in .plugins\ and deleted the org.eclipse.ui.workbench folder and it allowed me to start Flash Builder up again without losing my projects and settings. I did lose the previously opened files, but apart from that, everything is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines