Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FlashBuilder won't start

Jun 6, 2013 4:21 AM

Tags: #error #startup #flashbuilder

Using windows 7.

Starting via double clicking the executable results in the loading screen and then nothing.

SOMETIMES, when started via the command-line, a popup appears after the initial splash screen saying that "the workspace is currently in use", which suggests that FlashBuilder is still running - which it isn't.

When started from the commandline using the FlashBuilderC.exe I get:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)>flashbuilderc.exe

Exception in thread "Thread-5" org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Device is disposed

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4168)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1258)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.wake(Display.java:4873)

at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor$1.run(WorkbenchAdvisor.ja va:797)

Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchActivityHelper$4

Any Ideas?

Also, why is Abode support so bad?  I don't see many Adobe support comments on the Adobe forums and when going through the support portal http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=flash-builder&topic=using- my-product-or-service the phone number they provide isn't in use!!

I can't believe how expensive this product is for the quality it provides - my other post http://forums.adobe.com/message/5338632.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 1:49 PM   in reply to mayrens

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Flash Builder just crashed on my machine and now refuses to open—giving this error verbatim when I try to launch it from a command prompt.

EDIT: Google led me to this post, which mentions deleting the C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\org.eclipse.core.resources directory (see the 2nd comment by christoph). This allowed Flash Builder to start again, but I had to import all my projects (thanks, Adobe, for wasting an hour of my time today).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points