Skip navigation
ronpfef
Currently Being Moderated

Issues with Captivate 7

Jun 6, 2013 11:50 AM

Tags: #buttons #captivate #7 #shapes #publish #smart

I upgraded earlier today and just noticed that smart shape buttons do not work in the HTML5 version. I had noticed recently that the smart shape fills did not appear in the HTML5 version published from Captivate 6.1, but at least the buttons worked there. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Ron Pfeffer

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Jun 6, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to ronpfef

That's strange, I just verified and smart shape works for me on CP7 as button.

What action have you applied.

Could you do some more tests and share your results :

1) Create a New Project add another button and publish it again, both SWF and HTML5 and check results on each

2) Test using Different browsers compatible to HTML5 (Google Chrome, IE9 etc)

3) Add the project location to Global Flash Player Security settings.

4) Test the output on another machine.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Jun 6, 2013 1:28 PM   in reply to ronpfef

Hi Ron,

Could you please share the answer with some more details?

Like I asked, what action have you applied there?

Did you try 3) and 4)?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Jun 6, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to ronpfef

Oh yes, my bad, I forgot you have only HTML5 package not flash.

Let me know if that works on new project and another machine whenever you get a chance.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Jun 7, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to ronpfef

This seems strange.

Could you please share me the project (Source CPTX) So that we can test the file and verify the reason for this.

Please share us the files on the email -- tcssup@adobe.com

Thank you,

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 29, 2013 12:04 AM   in reply to Anjaneai Srivastava

Hi There,

Am having the same problems with Captivate 7 outputting to HTML5 where smart objects are setup as buttons but dont work when viewd on an android device in the browser. Any progress oin theis issue? (Works fine on desktop browsers)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to Les_Berks

I am having the same issue as well.  Also the text area widget is not working when published to HTML5. Has any progress been made on this? I am having the problem on the desktop browser myself. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 11:50 PM   in reply to jessicalc13

Hi Jessica,

Is your text area widget's timing set to Rest of Project?

Are you using any other widget or interaction with its timing set as Rest of Project?

Regards,

Haridoss

|
    Mark as:
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Jul 10, 2013 7:03 PM   in reply to HaridossR1234

Have you sent the files on email?

Let us know your contact details so that we can help you out

Thanks,

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 6:49 AM   in reply to Les_Berks

Hi @all,

I am having similar issues with CP7 and html5. I am using smart shape buttons - works fine as swf and html but when i publish the project (html5) AND

select the Scalable HTML content checkbox the buttons do not wok (with CP 6.1 the buttons do work)!?

Although some do work - but one has to find the correct area (sometimes a tiny spot) where to click.

I tried on IE9, Chrome, iOS and Android...

Any ideas how I can get this to work with scalable html content?

I also created a new project and added just 3 smart shape buttons - as soon as i select the scalable option the buttons do not work...

I appreciate any help!

Regards,

Paul

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to Anjaneai Srivastava

Hi there

My name is Dane. We have just produced some interactive resource using Cap 7 and used smartshapes as buttons. All works fine on desktop. Try it on ipad and none of the smartshape buttons work which is infuriating. Any suggestions please?? This all worked fine in Cap 6. We have clients waiting for these resources.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 11:32 PM   in reply to Dane Gould

Hi,

You meant to say the same HTML5 output works fine on desktop and are not working in Ipads. If it is the case then please share the .cptx project with us so that we can investigate the issue at our end. Please upload the project to a shared workspace (Acrobat.com) and send me the link to nsukumar@adobe.com

Thanks,

Nimmy Sukumaran.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to nsukumar

I was also having an issue with Smart Buttons not working on my desktop, except in Safari. Chrome is the WORST offender. The labels don't show at all. In IE, the lables show, but the buttons don't work.

BUT I was inspired by this discussion and I turned off SCALABLE CONTENT. Low and behold! It works in Chrome, Safari, and IE.

It does not play at all in Firefox. The audio doesn't play in Opera. and I do not have an Ipad any more to test it on, which is a bummer.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to JGarrou

HI!

So still no solution? This is very annoying!

How the heck can i get smart shape buttons to work as scalable html 5?

Adobe pls, someone?

Can you at least say "yes we are aware of this issue and are working on it"?

This is really a showstopper for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to _pauI_

We are working on it and someone would contact you in a day !

-SJ

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 1:41 AM   in reply to Suresh Jayaraman

Also having this Problem. When working with Smart Objects and publish to HTML5 the Slides with Smart Objects are blank in Firefox. We need a solution for the problem!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to Suresh Jayaraman

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I am having the same problem as Patrick and many of the other people on this page who have flagged this bug. I am currently working on producing an e-learning module and it all works fine in Chrome, Safar on Mac/PC (slides, animation, audio, video, pop-up), except when I open it in Firefox. In my case I am very much experienceing the same problem as the others on this page: I open the exported HTML5 file in Firefox and I am presented with a blank page. As you cannot have pop-ups without smart shapes (or custom made navigation for that matter) it is hard not to use them and still produce an interactive, custome designed app.

I can share the source file with you if you think this could be of any help. Since more than 23% of people on the web use Firefox it is hard to ignore this bug. A patch release which solves this problem would be very much appreciated by the Captivate community!

I am using Captivate 7, version 7.0.0.118 with smart shapes present in the project, and when I publish I choose the output format option as HTML5 only.

Please help, the deadline for our project is near, and I am getting desperate for a solution!

Thank you in advance,

Sonia

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to Sonia Friguls

Hi Sonia

You can send the project to my emal - sjayaram@adobe.com.

The problem reported in this thread has to do with Smart shape as button + Scalable HTML 5 option checked content playback . Are you also having the same combination ? 

Regarding the FF issue , I am not sure about the version . You can check the HTML5 compatibility of your browser using http://html5test.com/

Thanks

Suresh J

Captivate Engineering ! 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to Suresh Jayaraman

Hello,

I am using Smart shape as button, but when I'm publishing my project I do not check the Scalable HTML 5 option. So when I publish my project I just check the HTML5 option. Képernyőfotó 2013-09-18 - 16.29.32.png

I used the link provided, and tested my Firefox version and I got 414 points out of 500. I am using the latest version of Firefox (24.0) by the way.

I will send you my project straight away. Thank you for looking into this issue.

Előd

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to Sonia Friguls

Ok , please do send it through Drop box if the file size is large or you send it

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2013 8:14 PM   in reply to Suresh Jayaraman

Has this issue been addressed yet?  I am having the same problem with the scalable HTML5 option and smart shapes as buttons on my iphone and ipad.  I can send you my captivate project file if needed.

Geoff

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2013 8:38 PM   in reply to apollohayd

No it has not yet been addressed.  We're all waiting on Adobe to release a patch or an update.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to RodWard

Hello,

I would like to publish cp course to LMS (in scorm 1.2) and swf. And I would like this course to open in new window, but  I cannot find this option.

Regards,

Agnieszka

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to agnieszkab

This is a feature of the LMS, not the Captivate lesson.  Not all LMSs have this ability.  Check with your LMS vendor or administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2013 7:51 AM   in reply to RodWard

Thank you for your fast answear

Regards,

Agnieszka

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to RodWard

I have one more question related to publishing a course to scorm 1.2 on LMS

How can I made the course (when it is being reopened) to ask end user whther he or she want to start the lesson from the beginning or from the last visited slide?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to agnieszkab

That is the bookmarking feature, again provided by the LMS.

Sreekanth

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 5:19 AM   in reply to Sreekanth_S

Thank you Sreekanth,

I thought so, but wasn't sure.

Regards,

Agnieszka

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to RodWard

Any news on when the patch will be available? Any workarounds?

I'm on Capt 7. Mac version, the behavior is somewhat inconsistent as well. I have three identical smart shape buttons on the master slide. Buttons #1 and #2 seem to work (simple "Next slide" and "Prev. slide" actions). The third button has an Advanced conditional action, and that one does not work.

Again, everything works in swf, it's only the HTML5 output that I'm having problems with. It did not seem to matter whether the "scalable" option was selected or not.

Any suggestions are welcome, I was hoping to publish the project soon and this is the only hiccup...

Thank you,

Olga

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 8:24 AM   in reply to ronpfef

I wish to also add my vote to fixing this as it has affected me as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to ronpfef

So I am also having this problem. I'm publishing my project as an HTML 5 and in Firefox I don't have any audio and my links do not work. The link could be a word on a page or a smart shape box. Also, I do not have any audio in Firefox. The links and audio work fine when I preview just not when I'm publishing the project.

Chrome seems to be a bit better, but when I tested this is out on a Mac, I get the same issues when using Chrome. Audio is there, but links don't work.

This is my final project for my Internship and I'm at my wits end. Does anyone have any suggestions on any workarounds?

Please Advise

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to mgochnaur

If your version of Firefox is one that only supports OGG files and not MP3 then you will not hear audio because Captivate only supports MP3.

For best results with links, you should ONLY be testing this content from a web server, not from any local or LAN drives.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to mgochnaur

I have a work around... only use Safari. Ok, that's an aweful answer. But the only thing I could do was optimize my project for one browser and let the others play as they do (or not do, as the case maybe.) Adobe, it's time to step up to the plate!

By the way, Cap 7 has not solved the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to RodWard

Thanks! I got the audio to work. Buttons to an external website is still problematic though.

'

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to mgochnaur

Are you testing the content locally from your own hard drive or network LAN.  If so, then the reason your buttons to external URLs are not working is likely to be due to not having set up the publish folder as a trusted location in your Flash Global Security settings.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points