Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't Import Video into Flash Pro CS5

Jun 8, 2013 5:21 AM

Tags: #cs5 #flash_professional #import_video

I can’t import video into Flash CS5 Professional.  I have been trying all sorts of things for days with no luck. I have used Adobe Media Encoder to convert a video clip to a format that can be imported into Flash. My source has been a VOB (it is a Pal Source) I have been using match source presets and tried others also.  I believe I have successfully converted the video to both FLV and F4V formats.  They play fine with Adobe Media Player.  However, when I try to import them (File-Import-Open External Library (Get the wizard screen), click browse on your computer option, select the file, hit load external video with playback component, and then hit continue, and then hit continue on the next screen after selecting the default skin and hitting continue on the next page and then finish on the next page, I get the error on the output tab in Flash that says: “NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound : Adobe Flash tried to play a live or recorded stream that does not exist. Source can't be found.”  No matter what I try I get the same message.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I have searched all over the web for a solution to this issue with no avail.

Thanks,

Kirk

Replies
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 8, 2013 6:21 AM   in reply to mojokk

open your file browser > navigate to the directory that contains your flv/f4v > right click > click properties > confirm it has greater than 0 bytes.

if it does create a new directory and move your flv/f4v to the new directory.  create a new fla and save it to that newly created directory that contains your flv/f4v and repeat your import steps.

any problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 13, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to mojokk

you're welcome.

if you open flash and create a new fla, what happend?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 13, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to mojokk

it does this before you create a new fla?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points