Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Connecting Dreamweaver with Phone Gap Build

Jun 8, 2013 5:24 AM

Tags: #phonegap

Creating my first mobile app using Dreamweaver CS 6. I've created a site using dreamweaver with the DW JQuery Mobile sample. I've also created a PhoneGap account (free). When I try to connect with Phonegap Build it says "Project Settings file was not found for this project" and tells me to select "Create as a new project" which I did and then clicked "Continue". The spinning pole above spins for several minutes and then tells me it must be having a server error. It's done this several times over the past few days...sigh.

I then tried going to Phonegap and it gives me an option to upload a zip file, but what is supposed to be in the zip file and how do I create it in Dreamweaver? I can't find any documentation to help get me started.

I'd really appreciate any direction you can offer.

Thanks,

Tony

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2013 7:31 AM   in reply to tonybabb

Hi Tony,

In the time that I ask around for an answer, can you check out the Getting Started docs on the PhoneGap site

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/2.2.0/guide_getting-started_index.md.html

If you are not able to upload through Dreamweaver, it is best that you upload through PhoneGap directly. You are already on that route, and keep us posted on how things are going.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:45 AM   in reply to tonybabb

Hello Tony,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the panel when it gives an error, also can you check if the site root on your local machine has proper Read/Write access to create the Project files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to tonybabb

Login to your PG account here. Click on Apps and go to private tab.

Check if your  free PhoneGap account does not host another private app. The free PG account provides only 1 free private app which is the maximum limit.

Regards

Bhawna

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to tonybabb
    1. If you are logged in PG account click on "PhoneGap Build Application".
    2. It will show the Settings tab.
    3. Click on Settings.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you can see the delete icon.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to tonybabb

With Dreamweaver CC the same problem apparently occurs also when site folder name contains scandinavian characters (äöå).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points