Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge does not open camera raw files

Jun 8, 2013 5:11 PM

I am having this issue with the bridge not opening cr2 files in acr. I have a new mac and installed CS6 with 7,4 acr. Has anyone come up with a solution to this bug?

The error message is :

camera raw editing is not enabled camera raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched once to enable this feature

I really would prefer to not uninstall this product and it is not the case that I have another trial copy. I have searched my computer and cannot find any.

Thanks for any new ideas on this bug.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 8, 2013 6:30 PM   in reply to cbrukin

It frequently means you have an expired Adobe trial on machine.  Find and uninstall it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 9, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to cbrukin

I am having this issue with the bridge not opening cr2 files in acr. I have a new mac and installed CS6 with 7,4 acr. Has anyone come up with a solution to this bug?

Can you specify a view things?

What OS version are you using and what are the specs of your Mac (how much RAM, what processor, how much disk space and how much free disk space)

What CS6 do you have (subscription, stand alone PS or a Suite)

Have you checked the ACR plug in info (in PS menu photoshop / about Plug in / Camera Raw) - does it show version 7.4 and only one camera raw plug in.

How do you try to open the raw file (there are several ways, what have you tried already)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2013 9:32 AM   in reply to cbrukin

Did you reboot the computer after the operation?

Yes, deleting program is not recommended.  However, if you did not install it and it was sitting in download file unzipped you should be OK.

Bridge is looking for correct program before loading, like I said in most cases it is looking for that expired Adobe trial. 

I assume you tried launching Bridge from Photoshop, or whatever program is the qualifying product?

Try first aid.  Reset preferences in Bridge.  Hold down option key and start Bridge.  You will get a reset window with 3 options.  Choose all 3.

If all of the above does not work uninstall CS6.  Download and run Adobe Script cleaner.  Some recommend runnig more than once rebooting between cleanings.  Reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 9, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to cbrukin

Unfortunately this did not work, I guess that I am going to have to do the reinstall.

Doing so without a proper uninstall and running Adobe Cleaner Tool is pointless.

try this and read the instructions:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 2, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to cbrukin

It must be the download file is no good. This is the only thing I can think of but if you have any suggestions please feel free to respond,

An incorrect original application download is a possibility but also look at the OS itself. Use Apple Disk Utility to check and repair permissions and also create a new user account just for testing. Log in under this account and try again if the problem still exist.

If not then use Apple Recovery disk to reinstall your account (first back up all important files for security, they should stay present during the recovery but you never know, besides, a proper back up is needed all times)

If the same problem is still going on download a trial version or contact your retailer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 3, 2013 3:58 AM   in reply to cbrukin

I noticed that there are still adobe folders for photoshop and premiere on the computer. Should I just delete those folders?

Use Easy Find (Devon) and run Adobe in search field. From the list select the folders that you have doubt about and choose Show in finder option. Then look at the content. If it are custom settings like actions, tools, brushes best keep them save.

But to be totally on the save side select all search result and copy them to a separate disk as Back Up so you can always find some lost customized settings back. All other deleted files should be reinstalled as per new install on new disk.

I would like to get it right this time. I was also wondering if I can still download the dmg directly from adobe or is that not available anymore.

If you have bought a download version of the Master Collection for CS6 then their should be a possibility to download it again using your Adobe ID. The new CC can be downloaded again using ACC.

Otherwise you have to contact Adobe customer support for a new copy or download.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 5, 2013 1:15 AM   in reply to cbrukin

It is a new computer and I do not want anything on it that I can't use.

If you do a reinstall with copy settings and data from other or previous Mac all faults of the older system are copied to the new one.

My last option would be a complete new install from scratch (assuming you have not done much with your new computer and have a proper back up of your old system.

Don't copy the user account from the old system and don't copy the applications etc. Just the basic Mac settings for network etc (a few hundreds kb. Then reinstall first the master collection and run the adobe updater.

If still in problem you have to contact Adobe customer support for a new copy of your install disk (or download dmg file).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2013 9:11 PM   in reply to cbrukin

I found the solution of this problem.

1 Open bridge cs 6

2 Go to Edit - Preferences - File Type Associations

3 Select Canon Camera Raw (.crw .cr2)

4 In the dropdown menu browse for Photoshop CS 6

It appears that the default seeting is explorer settings.

That means in my case the exploroer settings was ACDsee

Please see the screen shot below

Hope this helps

//Leif

Enable camera raw bridge cs6.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)