Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adaptive Wide Angle (PS CS6) - Auto doesn't work

Jun 9, 2013 2:38 PM

Tags: #canon #cs6 #wide #angle #adaptive #5d

When I try to use "Auto" correction in the new Adaptive Wide Angle filter, it pops up with "No matching lens profile found". I searched for information and was directed to go to the Lens Correction filter. I pressed the "Search Online" button. The first time it comes back with "Connection timeout", but the second time it says "No online profiles found". Come on, really?!

ACR has my lens profile (Canon 24-105 f/4 IS), why can't PS CS6 find it? Is there a workaround? I'd really like to use the Adaptive Wide Angle filter.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to PictureLake

And what are they doing about the fact that if an image has been cropped before going into PS, the correction isn't valid.  I assume they could read the pixel dimensions and know it's the full file.  Will there be a warning that the correction won't work, if it finds a cropped image?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to PictureLake

But how could it possibly work on a cropped file?  Now wait -- I'm talking about the Auto Correction.  Maybe you're not....  In LR / ACR the crop is non-destructive so it has the full file to use. 

How can you tell it works - correctly, that is.  Say you have noticeable vignetting, and you crop 1/3 off the right edge (on a landscape format) -- does it correct the vignette on the left edge and over-correct (lighten too much) on the right edge where there isn't a vignette?

The whole auto thing has to be based on the full frame, including chromatic aberration.  That's what the profiles are for -- auto correction.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points