Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 (=1) buttons not displaying properly

Jun 11, 2013 12:02 AM

I created buttons for my Encore CS6 project in photoshop. I coded the layers for the buttons using (=1) as the name in button group.  The images do not display properly in the rendered DVD (or in the preview of the DVD in Encore).  These two images show the difference.  First, what the play icon should look like, and second, what it comes out like.  The play icon should be a simple white triangle with a drop shadow.  It comes out (as you can see in the preview) grey with rough edges and no drop shadow.   Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 11.55.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-06-10 at 11.45.31 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2013 3:47 AM   in reply to Stephen Porter

DVD subpictures can only have 4 colors times 4 opacity, one per state. There is no way to have soft shadows in the button highlights themselves. They need to be part of the background image and only your triangle can be colored.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 2:04 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Moving this discussion to the Encore forum.  Stephen for future inquires regarding Encore please post to the Encore forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to Mylenium

So you can only have shapes and no images? How do you change the color so it is something other than grey? or if you can have images then how do you do it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 1:09 PM   in reply to Super Jacobsen Bro

You cannot have images. The workaround is to use autoactivate (on a button) to go to a different menu that changes the image in the background for that button.  You create multiple menus, with an ordinary state for all buttons in all menus, except for the "highlight" different for the "selected" button. Mouseover won't autoactivate, so this doesn't work on a  computer the way you'd like.

You change color by use colors sets. Auto is usually on by default and this is picking up color from the PSD.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS59BED893-683B-492e-847C- 254257E34581.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points