Skip navigation
sussexfun1
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with pictures changing from light to dark

Jun 11, 2013 1:49 AM

Tags: #changing #picture #original #contrast #photoshop_elements_9 #windows_7_64_bit #darker #lighter

This is hard to explain,

I finish editing my pictures, save as PSD and a 2nd as jpeg.

i view the picture in windows live gallery (windows 7 64bit) and it has changed to a dark deep contrast.

I open the jpeg or the PSD file and they both appear as i originally saved them until I select/ click on it. and i get the darker deep contrasted image.

I have tried to have Photoshop elements 9, in preferences set to windows color and I tried it at Adobe no difference.

Jpegs are saved as sRGB but it is affecting all images, fine while editing but when saved and reviewed it changes and when opened i get to different contrasting views of the same image when selected. This is really anoying me as you think your done and it looks completely different when you review it. HELP!!

please keep your helpful comments to a basic understandable level.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 3:39 AM   in reply to sussexfun1

I always recommend sticking with sRGB from the point of shooting photos, through editing and printing. It’s pretty universal and if you keep your workflow settings as sRGB it will avoid profile conflicts.

Start with the elements editor and check your workspace settings by clicking:

Edit >> Color Settings

Click image to enlarge.

PSE9colorSettings.png

Then click on the Windows Start button and type Color Management and press return.

Check all of your settings are consistent.

PCcolorManagement.png

Finally check your profiles when saving files in the Editor.

SaveAsICC.png

If you keep everything consistent you should have no problems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points