• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Break in TOC Topics of ROBOhelp10(HTML5)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

I want to break the topics since they are very huge and user has to scroll down a long way to view the pages.

So , is there any option through which we can break the data in TOC topics.

I want HTML 5 output.

Thanks,

Nutan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a way. In fact more than one.

One way is to add bookmarks to your topics. You can add these to the TOC as pages and lead your users directly to that section of the topic. This is the easiest option but can confuse users if they end up half way down a long topic.

Option two is to cut / paste content from one topic into another. This takes longer but is a better solution.

Option three depends on how you are creating your content. If you are linking a Word / FrameMaker file via the TechComm Suite you can map your document styles to your CSS specifying pagination as you go. The pagination option determines where a new topic is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there is an option four and possibly others! You can hide content in a DHTML drop down or expanding text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want an HTML 5 output (Andriod, iphone and ipad). Here, my problem is when we scroll the data in a single topic it comes at around 18-10 times. Hence, i want to break the page but it should not be different topic as well as it should appear in the search functionality.

I followed the below steps :

1. I created different topics for same but then every topic should be given name in TOC and which will appear in TOC.

I dont want the name of topic to be present in TOC.

( IN this case the main issue is name of topic can be seen in TOC. I want that the TOC should not contain the topic but the user must be able to navigate from one topic to another topic) As this topic are continued and they are not seperarte.

2. I tried book mark but it doesnt work in this case

Thank you.

Regards,

Nutan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp