Skip navigation
Headingley1895
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 - preview screen white

Jun 11, 2013 7:28 AM

Hi, I recently downloaded the new PRE 11 but each time I've added a file to the timeline and tried to watch it through the preview screen I get the audio fine but the preview screen itself is white. If I click on the preview screen I can see the video but the video stops immediately.

I've had a search of the web and of this forum for similar issues and tried:

- updating my graphics drivers

- updating PRE 11

- deleting Baddrivers file

- I have the current versions of Windows Media Player & Quicktime

But had no success so far. I haven't tried hooking my camera up and adding the files direct from the camera yet but have tried adding other files already on my hard drive that are from the same camera along with various different file types also from my hard drive. My incredibly limited knowledge on these things would lead me to think its some kind of display/graphics problem but not at all sure.

If anyone has any suggestions or can help in any way I'd be very appreciative!

Not sure what kind of details you incredibly clever people need but heres some basics:

Lenovo

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz

4gb RAM

Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000 (with latest driver 9.17.10.3062)

440Gb Hard drive with 202Gb free

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2013 8:37 AM   in reply to Headingley1895

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to Headingley1895

Headingley1895

What are the properties of your source media (what is the brand and model of the camera and the camera settings)? Also, what is the file extension?

What is your project preset set by the program automatically or by you manually?

When you talk about "Preview Screen" are you referring to the Monitor in the Edit Mode of the project and/or the Preview Window with its Set In and Set Out points that you get by double clicking the video on the Timeline Expert view?

If you right click the Edit Mode Monitor and select Playback Settings, do those settings look like those seen in the following screenshot?

PE11 Playback Settings.JPG

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 11:50 AM   in reply to Headingley1895

Headingley1895

With regard to your video card driver...please confirm that you have been to the Intel web site and found the latest driver

For: Intel HD Graphics 2000, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Is dated 3/21/2013 with the version given as 15.28.15.64.3062.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFam ily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Ge neration+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Grap hics+3000%2f2000

and that you have deleted the BadDrivers.txt file found in the computer path

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

I believed that you have said that in prior thread, but I am just double checking.

In a prior thread, I asked if you were having this problem in the Edit Mode Monitor as well as in the Preview Window with has Set In and Set Out points. What was your answer to that question?

You say that your file is AVCHD with a .m2ts file extension. What happens if you rename just the file extension of that file and then import that into Premiere Elements 11 new project?

Examples

.m2ts to .m2t

.m2ts to .avi

.m2ts to .mov

.m2ts to .mpg

you say that your AVCHD.m2ts file is 1920 x 1080 16:9. Is this interlaced or progressive video? What is the frame rate? And, what are you or the program setting as the project preset? (Please refer to Edit Menu/Project Settings and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size.)

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I did not see your latest post until after I had submitted this one. So, please disregard any questions in this post that you have already answered in your latest post. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 6:50 AM   in reply to Headingley1895

Headingley18895

Have we gone through the miscelleaneous such as

a. deleting the preferences...in your Windows 7 64 bit the path would be:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that you are working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives On.

b. try installing the free VLC Media Player.

c. do you have the Windows LIve Movie Maker...if so, can you import your video into it, convert it to a .wmv file, and then import that into Premiere Elements without getting the white display in Premiere Elements Edit Mode Monitor?

d. verifying that you are working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to Headingley1895

Headingley1895

Do you have an installation disc for Premiere Elements 3.0 and the files to install afterward the 3.0.2 Update?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3565

You spoke of downloading and installing Premiere Elements 11. Did you have the installation files for that? By the way, did you say if v11 is purchased or the try out version? If you have installation disc and/or files....

I would uninstall, Premiere Elements 3.0/3.0.2 first and see what happens.

If that does not resolve the Premiere Elements 11 display issue, then I would do a complete and clean uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements 11 with the following guidelines...

a. Open a Premiere Elements 11 project, go to Help Menu/Deactivate and Deactivate. Close the project/program.

b. Uninstall Premiere Elements 11 using the typical Control Panel route.

c. Run ccleaner, regular and registry cleaning portions including yes to its backup registry inclusion.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. Reinstall just Premiere Elements 11 and check out the display issue. Gone or still present?

Before you start all or any of the above, I would ask "Have I asked or you said if you are using more than one monitor? If more than one monitor, what happens if you run with just one, disconnecting the other." Also, if dual monitor, does your display card support dual monitors?

We will continue to watch for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points