Skip navigation
gogreenstrong
Currently Being Moderated

formmail results layout

Jun 11, 2013 2:13 PM

I want to have a visitor fill out a web form and then the results emailed to me. I have found plenty of scripts that will do this but when I look at the email the results line up like this:

First Name: Jim

Last Name: Smith

Phone: (555) 555-4738

Email: someone@gmail.com

Address:

City:

State:

Zip:

Voltage: 120

Height: 25'

Current Type: HID

Current Wattage: 400

After Type: LED

After Wattage: 100

Hours: 12

Notes: none

Height: 15'

Current Wattage: 250

After Wattage: 85

Height: 25'

Current Wattage:175

After Wattage: 62

This is very confusing since there are multiple fields that are the same. The emailed form results should appear in the same layout as the webform like this:

Voltage: 120         Height:  25'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 400         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 100       Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  15'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 250         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 85         Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  10'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 175         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 62         Hours: 12         Notes: none

Voltage: 120         Height:  25'        Current Type: HID         Current Wattage: 400         After Type: LED         After Wattage: 100       Hours: 12         Notes: none

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I'm going to use it with my 3dCart website which is .asp.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 11, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to gogreenstrong

I'm not sure of the file structure of your system so you may have to go to the manufacturer for that information.  But the HTML for the email should be contained in a file somewhere and you just change the line breaks or paragraphs to an HTML table with the values in it.  There is also the possibility the version you are looking at is text-only and you may need to enable the HTML version within the application and maybe they have an editor within the program to allow you to do this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to gogreenstrong

That's not the form processing code though.  The form processing code is buried somewhere in the script.  You will first have to look at aspsendmail.asp that they gave you.  I would highly recommend that you reach out to them as someone from the script vendor will be able to point you to the right file faster than people on the forums who would have to go file-by-file with you to find the answer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to gogreenstrong

They have an area to edit templates like I thought.  This is from their KB:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/1/how-can-i-mo dify-the-emails-that-my-store-sends-to-my-clients

They also talk about a more advanced integration with Mandrill which probably gives more flexibility although a lot more programming is involved:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/514/1/how-do-i-i ntegrate-my-store-with-mandrill

I can't imagine they lock you into their own templates with these features.  It has to be buried somewhere within that application.  If not, I would evaluate them and see if they are really what you want or whether there are other competitors worth trying.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points