Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

repair of demaged photos with elements

Jun 11, 2013 3:09 PM

Tags: #editor #photoshop_elements

Hallo,

caused by a flood in my location (Bavaria/Germany), I have many demaged photos, which where stored in cellar, which was flooded. The photos are dirty and wet, but they can be cleaned and dehumidified. Many photos have now areas with ruined colours (see uploaded sample image below) and "fire blizzards" on it. My question: can I prepare demaged photos with photoshop elements (8, 9 or 11) in that way, that I get back a good picture? Or is there no chance to do this?

2013-06-11 23.30.25.jpg

regards

hfreiwald

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2013 8:24 PM   in reply to hfreiwald

PSE has lots of ways to repair damages photos and restore color, including a clone tool, but I'm afraid this example is beyond repair. Too many obliterated areas. Howver, feel free to post less damaged pictures and hopefully we can offer advise.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2013 5:06 AM   in reply to hfreiwald

I don't know Corel PSP X5 but from your description it sounds like PSE has much of the same tools. The Clone tool could certianly be used to fix a lot of the speckles and scratches. My old PSE version 2 does not have this, but there is the Healing Brush (similar to Corel area correction brush?) which might do a a better job, epecially on the scratches.

Here I used the Clone tool to fix some scratches/speckles on the man in the foreground and used the Dodge tool to lighten the left portion of the picture.

Again, PSE11 might have other tools to do a better overall job than my PSE2.

2013-06-10_18-00-15-qpr-b copy.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points