Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PNG's transparent background appears white when uploaded on a website

Jun 12, 2013 1:08 AM

Tags: #photoshop_cs4

Hello everybody,

I'm requesting your kind help to solve a problem with a PNG with transparent background that appears white when uploaded on the web.

This is how I do the PNG :

Once I have the image with the transparent background with the white and grey checks, I go to save for web and devices, putting PNG 24 at preset and the bar under it, transparency checked, and then save.

When I preview the image, the background is transparent. Also when I open the image with Windows image viewer, the image also has the transparent background. However, when I upload the image to the website, the background turns white.

Anybody has any idea where the problem is ?

I'm using CS4. I put here a link to the psd file in case. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12899693/essai-1.psd and the image https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12899693/essai-1.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

Marjorie

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 1:47 AM   in reply to moronao

Well, what do you do on your website with it? Per se there is no such thing as "transparent website", but of course they will correctly use the transparency to e.g. stack page elements in separate, overlapping DIVs. Sounds more like you need to work on the website's code to achieve the effect you want...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to moronao

Your PNG is definitely transparent, I did a test here against a pink background and it worked perfectly.

What browser are you viewing the page/PNG in? If you are viewing it in Internet Explorer 6, transparency in PNGs is not supported (though there is a fix available).

Otherwise, if you can post a link to your web page, I can take a look and might be able to help.

-- Joe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points