Skip navigation
Dermfellow
Currently Being Moderated

"Invalid Key" and EKAG20NT.EXE error

Jun 12, 2013 12:37 AM

Tags: #error #premiere_pro_cs6

After trying to update my computer with an SSD, then returning to the original HDD's, I now get an error that says I have an invalid key. If I click through, it gives me an "Incorrect EKAG20NT.EXE version (internal error, API V2.00)". The program appears to load normally, and seems to function normally while editing, but I don't want to get in the middle of this rather large project and get stranded.

It does not happen with AE, PS, Audition, or any other programs in the Production Suite. I have a Dell Precision T5600 twin Xeon Workstation. It does use a PERC 310 raid controller with two main 350GB enterprise drives. All video file data is kept off the machine on external eSATA drives.

Any idea why this happened, and how I can fix it?

Thank you-

Addendum: It also happens if I export a file for encoding to Media Encoder.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 2:07 AM   in reply to Dermfellow

See http://www.file.net/process/ekag20nt.exe.html

You may want to remove that file. It is not normally installed on a system due to its key-logger nature.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to Dermfellow

Have you ever installed the x264Pro plug-in?  If so, then that's probably the source of your issue.  Changing the hardware configuration will invalidate the current license key.  Contact 3AM Digital Studios to get it sorted.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 8:50 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Jeff Bellune wrote:

Have you ever installed the x264Pro plug-in?  If so, then that's probably the source of your issue.  Changing the hardware configuration will invalidate the current license key.  Contact 3AM Digital Studios to get it sorted.

Jeff

Hi,

please contact 3am directly at support@3amDigitalStudios.com so that we can help you (if you didn't already a month ago).

Yes, "Invalid Key" is a license problem when some hardware changes, not a bug or virus. I just became aware of this thread today.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points