Skip navigation
Daniel12378992
Currently Being Moderated

How to have a game running even when it is off.

Jun 12, 2013 5:46 AM

Tags: #air #adobe #flash #video #pro #text #as3 #iphone #ios #action_script_3 #actionscript #flash_professional #actions #cs6 #flash_cs6

Hi guys!I recently encountered a very tough challenge.I'm building a game in which you grow your farm.My task is to let the game run and execute the code even when users turn it off.Using servers is not an option since this would require to set up dedicated computers which would take care of all the individual calculations.

To be more exact i'll give an instance of a problem i issue:Suppose i'm growing a tree and i want that tree to grow even when i don't play the game so that the game does everything on its own,so basically i'm seeking ways to have the game running on its own without using a cloud.

Are there some ways to do this since i know there are lots of games that do or is cloud the only possible solution?

Thanks.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 12, 2013 6:40 AM   in reply to Daniel12378992

you game can't and shouldn't run.  when your game starts it should determine the date/time the game was last played and update the user's farm based on that and the user's saved data.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 12, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to Daniel12378992

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...