Skip navigation
Sarah MacDonald
Currently Being Moderated

Why wont the 3D rotation tool work on my Movie Clip?

Jun 12, 2013 8:19 AM

Tags: #not #working #3d #tool #rotation #movie_clip #manipulate #3d_rotation

Im trying to use the 3d rotation tool for the first time. I have an image, set as a symbol (movieclip) on its own layer. Yet, when I select the 3D rotation tool, it does not allow me to modify the movie clip. It just shows me the empty arrow.
Could someone please shed some light on this? The only information I can find regarding this tool not working properly is if you are trying to manipulate an object that is NOT a movie clip.

Thank you!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,259 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Sarah MacDonald

click your 3d rotation tool, then click your movieclip.  now, take a screenshot showing your tool panel, properites panel and movieclip with your cursor over the movieclip.  attach the screenshot here.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to Sarah MacDonald

Hi Sarah,

The screenshot shows that you have the 3D translation tool selected. Just press W to activate the 3D rotation tool (or click and hold on the 3D tool group for the sub-options and select the rotation tool). You should be able to use the 3D rotation on this movie clip after that. Let us know if there is any other issue.

Regards,

Dharmendra.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2013 8:50 PM   in reply to Sarah MacDonald

No problem Sarah, it happens with everyone and we all would have gone through it at some point of time I'm happy that the issue is resolved.

-Dharmendra.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points