Skip navigation
Glida666
Currently Being Moderated

hebrew - Right to left at InDesign and Illustrator

Jun 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Hi,

I tried the CS6 version from the adobe site, and for some reason i managed to type Hebrew RTL only in Photoshop.
InDesign and Illustrator wont support RTL writing. even though i picked the "English support Hebrew" at the licence section.
any idea why?

Is there a middle east version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 12, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Glida666

There is a ME/NA edition of InDesign, don't know about Illustrator. It should be available for download for to subscribers to Creative Cloud (and I would presume as a trial), or through resellers in that part of the world. You cannot run more than one regionalized version of the same release version (i.e. CS6 US and CS6 ME/NA) on the same computer simultaneously -- you have to uninstall one before installing the other.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 12:25 PM   in reply to Glida666

Where are you located? I seem to recall that Creative Cloud is not yet available in Israel and a few other places, but you should still be able to download a trial, I would think.

If you can't find it anywhere, try sending a message to Gabe Harbs (he's a regular here, and owns In-Tools.com, an authorized distributor, last I knew). His profile is at http://forums.adobe.com/people/Harbs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Glida666

Did you contact Harbs?

His company also distributes a plugin, World Tools, that will add RTL features to the US version, and I'm pretty sure he has a trial for that as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points