Skip navigation
Andrew Neilson
Currently Being Moderated

Question on perchasing premier pro an after effects

Jun 13, 2013 12:27 AM

I was wondering, seeing as the fee for the program each month is so high, if I buy the software from a shop front, will I still have to pay the fee each month?

cheers lads for any help you can give.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

Andrew,

If you buy a boxed version of CS6 you will own a perpetual license.  It's the CC version that's subscription based.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

As long as you understand that the software you will be buying for a lot of money is a bit old and is being replaced by a subscription only model next week.

You can use CS6 as long as you wish, however, it will never be upgraded. You will have what you have. No new features. Ever.

If that is what you want to do, go for it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 9:55 AM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

Also be aware that Adobe isn't offering any more boxed versions (actually in a box, I mean).  So if you find one, scoop it up quick.  Even the CS6 perpetual license will be a download only from now on, so once those boxes are gone...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 6:29 PM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

Bug fixes and OS compatibility updates are still planned for CS6, but to get any new features, you will need to subscribe to Creative Cloud and get a new version of Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Well... I will have to say that CS6 bug fixes are a BIG maybe! (at least one bug that has been known for "about" a year)

There is a long standing CS6 bug with spanned AVCHD clips http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1004369?tstart=0 (May 2012) and http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1216471

Somewhere near the half way point of http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1205851 (now 1,004 messages) I asked about a fix for the above bug

The response, from an Adobe employee, was "maybe" there will be a fix... but no promise

So, Andrew Neilson, if you don't work with long, spanned AVCHD video... I've heard that Premiere Pro CS6 is a good program

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 10:12 PM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

Just keep in mind that $50 per month for virtually every Adobe program is not a bad deal. Maybe for people who already own everything they need, but for some of us needing a few programs, it seems pretty reasonable. I subscribe to the Creative Cloud and I have Premiere Pro, After Effects, the web products, Photoshop and Lightroom, the whole thing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 11:33 PM   in reply to Andrew Neilson

You download the apps once, then the updates as you choose to do so over time.

I believe you only need to be on the Internet about once per month to allow Adobe to make sure you have paid for the month.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points