Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help please with my navigation buttons

Jun 13, 2013 4:26 AM

Can anyone please help me with my vertical navigation buttons. I'm trying to set up my nav bar so that all the buttons have a background image (button.jpg) behind them at all times and the only thing that changes when touched or the mouse rolls over them is that the colour of the text changes, except when the sub buttons appear, because the name of some of the sub buttons are so long i have created another button image that is longer (button2.jpg), i only want this to appear on sub buttons otherwise the buttons will end up taking most of the pages space. I'm having great difficulties getting the sub buttons to appear with the correct image (button2.jpg) and am getting increasingly frustrated with it, can anyone please help!!!

www.milesfunerals.com/index2.html

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 8:38 PM   in reply to Ness_quick

Did you get this working because the main page for you? The main site appears to be doing what you're asking about but the link you posted doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 10:32 PM   in reply to Cozmicone

index2.html is a broken link for sure. The main index page looks like it's working fine.

A little styling critique if it's okay... Personally I'd have gone with a CSS or Javascript multi-level menu across the bottom of the header. Saves visitors from having to scroll all the way down the page to see every menu item. And I'd rethink the color of the "Miles & Daughters" in the header image. It kinda gets lost in the roses.

If you have a link to the "broken" page please put it up so we can analyze it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points