Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop 13.0.5 window dragging issue (OS X)

Jun 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Tags: #mac #window #dragging #photoshop_cs6

Hello everyone! I'm having one small issue abou this: when I drag an open document window partially off the screen, somehow like this:

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 6.01.01 PM.jpg

then release it, and then drag back, the sides that have been hidden (outside the screen) won't redraw until I release mouse button:

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 6.01.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 6.08.20 PM.jpg

Haven't noticed such behavior until 13.0.5 (upgraded directly from 13.0.1).
Thanks.

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 13, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

Not saying I have any idea why that should change, but it might be helpful for the purpose of discussion if you'd show your Preferences - Performance, [Advanced Settings...] choices.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 14, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

You mentioned trying Normal and Advanced...  Did you try Basic?

Make sure to quit/close Photoshop after making the change, then restarting before testing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 2:12 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

What's your exact version of the OS, and what are the model and specs of your video card?

The reason I ask is that I see the very same behavior in Photoshop 13.0.5 under OS X Lion 10.7.5, but then I know I have an underpowered video card with only 256 MB of VRAM, and Photoshop never fails to inform me so every time it launches.

A video card upgrade with 1 GB of VRAM should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.  I'll report back once I install it.

EDITED to add 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

Message was edited by: station_two

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 2:12 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

EDIT to my previous post not visible to users accessing the forum through email:

The reason I ask is that I see the very same behavior in Photoshop 13.0.5 under OS X Lion 10.7.5, but then I know I have an underpowered video card with only 256 MB of VRAM, and Photoshop never fails to inform me so every time it launches.

A video card upgrade with 1 GB of VRAM should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.  I'll report back once I install it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 16, 2013 6:38 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

I guess it must bother you, but is it really worth worrying about?  How many critical editing decisions do you make while you're moving your document windows?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jun 16, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Hello!

I'm with Noel, anyways, you are expected to release your mouse button at some point; aren't you? ;-)

Of course, it would be worrisome if it affected your document in any way.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to andrew.kramar

As I wrote above, I also see it under Lion:

I see the very same behavior in Photoshop 13.0.5 under OS X Lion 10.7.5, but then I know I have an underpowered video card with only 256 MB of VRAM…  (new card with 1 GB of VRAM arriving this week).

I do not see this non-issue in Photoshop CS4 11.0.2 under Tiger 10.4.11 on a G5 Quad, driven by a video card with 512 MB of VRAM.

We still don't know how much VRAM your cards have, but at this point it doesn't seem to matter. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 17, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to andrew.kramar

There have been some reports of Photoshop sluggishness...  I wonder if maybe they've been making austerity measures in the Mac screen updates process to try to correct that.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 17, 2013 7:46 PM   in reply to andrew.kramar

I wouldn't bet on it being normal, but at least one other Mac user has confirmed they're seeing it.  Adobe would have to answer to be sure.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points