Skip navigation
majc123
Currently Being Moderated

Can I resize a Quick Selected image so it fits when I cut and paste it on a different background.

Jun 13, 2013 11:26 AM

Tags: #photoshop_elements_11

Can I resize a Quick Selected image so it fits when I cut and paste it on a new background? I am trying to take a photo of someone and place it on a different background. The Quick Selected image is too big when I paste it on the background. You can only see a small portion of the persons head.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to majc123

Open the photo, then go to Image>resize>image size. Read what the resolution is in px/in.

Get out of this screen. Then use one of the selection tools to select the person, go to Edit>copy to put it on the clipboard

Now, go to File>new>blank file. Enter width & height, and the same resolution value.

Go to Edit>paste. The person will be on a separate layer. Use the move tool to position, and, to resize with the corner handles, if necessary

Note: For printing, it is desirable to have the resolution in the 240-300px/in range. For web work, 72 px/in is ok

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 10:57 PM   in reply to hatstead

In addition to this you might also review here http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/making-selections.html on how you can work with various selections.

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points