Skip navigation
drdroad48
Currently Being Moderated

Preview Thumbnails not updating.

Jun 13, 2013 1:03 PM

Tags: #preview #thumbnails

My normal way of processing photos is to preview a folder in Bridge, from Bridge open a photo in camera raw and process it there. If I'm not using that image immediately, I simply close it when I'm finished processing. Then I'm back in Preview mode in Bridge and I can see the photograph that I processed and the changes that were made. I've been processing photos from several cameras this way for years.

However, I'm using a new camera system. Lumix GH3. When I preview and process photos from this camera, the thumbnails are never updated with the processed image. They always show the original one. Even if I close that folder and reopen it in Bridge, I still don't have a preview of the processed images. If I reopen the photo in Camera Raw or Photoshop, sure enough, I can see the changes, the photo IS processed. But those changes never show up in the preview thumbnails.

At first I thought this was the particular SD card, which was new to me and supplied by the camera store where I purchased the Lumix. But I've tried several now, all with the same result.

Any ideas??

Macbook Pro, OS 10.8.3. Bridge CS6 v5.0.1.21, Photoshop CS6, v13.0.3 x 64.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 13, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to drdroad48

Any ideas??

Macbook Pro, OS 10.8.3. Bridge CS6 v5.0.1.21, Photoshop CS6, v13.0.3 x 64.

It might be cache related, for test select one of the files that did not show the updated changes and with right click mouse menu choose purge cache for selection.

But a second thought is that you don't use the latest updates for both Bridge (should be 5.0.2.4) and PS (should be 13.1.2) and this causes the troubled behavior.

And it might be the combination of both

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 13, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to drdroad48

Is that the same thing as a DMC GH3?  That takes at least ACR 7.3.  What version are you running?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 12:28 AM   in reply to drdroad48

Panasonic RW2 files behave a little differently, in my experience. When I got a GF2, I noticed that it didn't respond to manual cache building--you had to actually select the files to generate a high quality thumbnail on demand.

I'd test it for you now, but I'm currently rebuilding my entire Bridge cache AGAIN.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to drdroad48

Adobe Camera Raw is needed for view raw camera files, unless converted to DNG files.  ACR version can be seen in Photoshop Help/about plugin/camera raw.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to drdroad48

On a Mac believe that file is somewhere in About Photoshop.  Should still be labeled help/about plugins/camera raw or some such thing.

When you updated was there a box for Camera Raw?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 17, 2013 12:58 PM   in reply to Curt Y

On a Mac believe that file is somewhere in About Photoshop.

To put this beyond believe: In Photoshop choose menu Photoshop / About Plug-in / Camera Raw

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points