Skip navigation
3jai123
Currently Being Moderated

Save for Web Error

Jun 13, 2013 10:08 PM

I am using Adobe Photoshop Extended CS6. I have created a chart and add a timeline ( more than 400). When i am saving the gif animated file using Save for Web, I am getting am error. The error is : " The optimized image could not be generated, likely because it is too big and there is no sufficient memory. The image will not be displayed."

error01.jpg

Also, I am not able to save the .jpg file.  Is giving me the error : " Could not complete the operation. An unknown error has occurred."

error02.jpg

Please provide me with solution ASAP.

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 14, 2013 6:17 AM   in reply to 3jai123

Both errors you show are save for web errors the first one stated you ran out of resources that Save for Web can not even render a preview.  From the screen capture I can not tell what your frame size is.  The ruler shows 35.25 units wide and high but I have no idea or what the units are or what your document resolution is.  The second error happens because of the first error without anything to save I would expect save for web to generate and error if you try to do a save.

What is your document canvas pixel sizes?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 17, 2013 2:47 AM   in reply to 3jai123

3jai123 wrote:

The document canvas pixel size is 1000px x 1000px

The resolution is 72 px/inch

There are 420 timelines

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise  with 64 bit operating system

420 timelines I'll assume your referring to frames there.

How much Ram and free scratch disk space have you.  If your frames are full solid pixels each rendered frames 1,000 x 1,000 x 3 bytes or 3MB per frame x 420 frames = 1.26GB fame data plus how many layers do you have in your document how many mask and alpha channels thers are also other data areas for screen windows pallets etc.  Photoshop can consume lots of machine resources.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 17, 2013 4:20 AM   in reply to 3jai123

Still Photoshop is reporting its need more resources.  As a test use image size and reduce the canvas size to 500x500. Cut number of pixel by 4. See if you can generate the animated gif then. 1,000x1,000 pixels is quite large for a web page.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to 3jai123

I found the solution (took forever to consolidate all the answers) for OS X 10.9 + Maverick. Finally!

1. Change permissions (as AOTPR says) to your User/Library/Preferences file so that your admin and user (the one you are using) has read + write permissions within the Get Info pane (command+I). You may have to add them with the sign.

2. Delete Adobe save for web 12.0 Prefs & Adobe save for web 13.0 Prefs files within the User/ Library/ Preferences folder. These may be hidden for some people, so when in a finder window, hold Option(alt) and click Go from the main top menu (keep holding Option/Alt) and click Library — the full Preferences folder should open for you.

3. Change the view when in Save for web pane in PS. If you have it in Cover Flow — it won't work. Change it to another view like List or Columns view.

Presto! Works for me on Maverick.

Thank god. It took forever to get this cleared up!!

If you have any questions, email me rob@rminkdesign.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points