• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.3 not working with Mac OS X Mac OS X 10.5.8

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been able to play games  until i updated my flash player to 10.3 and now i keep getting an error telling me that i need to update my flash player (which i have been uninstalling and reinstalling for the past 3 days). i have done countless google searches to find the problem, have followed all of adobe's troubleshooting instructions repeatedly, and searched similar discussion forums trying to figure out the problem on my own. none of this has worked, (but i have learned a few things about using my mac which is a plus) and i have learned how to take a screenshot so there are 2 that i took that might be helpful to figuring out my problem.. Picture 2.png

(above picture was when i tried testing it.. i think)

Picture 1.png

(above is the flash player version i have, but i think in the box below it's telling me i need version 11.7.700.225 ?)

i'm not very good with all this techy-stuff so i hope someone can help! i'm so close to pulling out my hair!

i have safari version 5.0.6 (5533.22.3) if that matters

Thanks,

Lauren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture 4.png

above it says 10.3.183.90 is the latest version available for my mac

Picture 3.png

but in the above image it says that my mac doesnt meet the system requirements

any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally the SAME exact thing is happening to me...except with Firefox.
I have a Mac version 10.5.8 and it says the latest Adobe Flash Player installed is version 10.3.183.90 even though it says that the latest one is version 11.
I have unistalled and installed Flash Player multiple times...and it actually cleared out a ton of space on my computer that it was taken up over the years of using Flash.

Every time I go on with installing "the latest version" of the software, it goes through like usual and says that it is complete...but when I go back to a website that told me to use the latest verison of Flash Player...it still has that same message. like the picture below.

Is this happening to you too with websites like fox.com?

Picture 2.png

Do you think Safari (for you) and Firefox (for me) need to be updated somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's possible that updating your software might help you but i've already done that and it hasnt changed a thing. thins is so frusturating! we just need someone who knows a lot about this stuff to comment and help us! idk about you but i'm not very tech-savvy šŸ˜•

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is kinda strange.. when i went to troubleshooting page to keep trying to figure out my problem

Picture 7.png

it doesnt say the recommended version for our mac 10.5.8 with safari or firefox? do you know what tiger or leopard even are? are they browsers too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For users of 10.5.8 and below, Flash Player 10.3.183.90 is the latest version.  Unfortunately, some websites have started requiring Flash Player 11.0 and higher.  Which websites are complaining that Flash Player is not installed?  Have you tried contacting them to see what they have to say?

If you can see the animation and version number displayed on this page: Flash Player Version then Flash Player is setup and running correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou chris for ruling out that my problem is not my flashplayer. but i will contact the websites and see if that is the issue. but im finding that im having trouble with my shockwave player. i dont know much about any of this stuff so i just wanted to test it and see if it was working properly.. and this is what i got:

Picture 9.png

so i installed the slim version and went back to the page and still got the same error screen. plz help!

mac os x 10.5.8

safari version 5.0.6 (5533.22.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks; I do not see that animation (different user; I just posted this same question as a new discussion and am browsing for more assistance).

Message was edited by: Sallijane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines