Skip navigation
DarrenMcChrystal
Currently Being Moderated

Every png file I have suddenly has text that cannot be edited

Jun 14, 2013 2:07 AM

Tags: #text #fireworks

Hi everyone, every PNG file has suddenly lost the ability to edit text, I can highlight the text box, but to actually select box (or any item) I have to click and then drag it. I can select the the box and change font, size etc from the properties bar but i cannot select it so I can change the actual copy and wording, usually i would just double click on the text and it highlights it.

I made a new text box where I can write text, but when iI click off the text, I can not click back on to change the wording

This in CS6 which I recently downloaded, I tried opening the files in an old Fireworks and it has the same problem

It is every single png file I have from the last few years

I am using a Macbook

The only thing I thought It could be is I changed the settings for PNG files in that instead of opening in Preview they open in Fireworks, since then this has happened

Thanks in advance

Darren

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 5:06 AM   in reply to DarrenMcChrystal

Text selection issues have been seen when you are running third-party applications like SoundCloud / Spotify / Grooveshark Desktop Helper or Radium. If you are running any of them, please close them and relaunch Fireworks. This might resolve the issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points