Skip navigation
rms1908
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 won't open

Jun 14, 2013 2:50 AM

Installed Premiere Elements 11 but it won't open. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but still no luck.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 2:59 AM   in reply to rms1908

What system? What errors/ warnings? What is happening (or not)? You need to explain better and provide more info.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to rms1908

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

RMS1908 I would recommend reviewing your Event Viewer when trying to open Premiere Elements.  Please see Identify software conflicts | System log | Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/identify-software-conflicts- system-log.html for more details.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to rms1908

One prime bit of info that I did not see in the list was the video card.

What is the make/model of your video card/display adapter?

What is the number and date of the installed video driver?

An obsolete video driver is one of the primary causes for PrE not launching, so we probably need to get that out of the way early on.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to rms1908

First, thank you for that information.

Now, you say:

I ran the Update Driver and it said it is up to date. I installed it on another computer that is older and it works ok...still won;t open on mine

I would first go to the Intel Web site, and manually check for a more recent update. 2011 is a very long time ago. I find that the OS's driver update utility, or any driver utility, will likely be very out of date. For most programs, that does not usually matter much, but PrE really needs to interface VERY critically with that video driver.

If you have a Dell, Lenovo, HP, or other major mfgr's. computer, I would also check their Web site, as some of those companies will rewrap the video drivers for their specific version of the hardware and their specific version of the OS.

As for PrE running on one computer, but not the other, I would look closely to see if those two computers have the exact same video card, and video driver. If they do, then I would check to see if they each have the exact same Windows updates and hot-fixes applied. Even simple OS updates CAN render the video driver obsolete. That is why the major video chip companies update their drivers so very often. Intel, while making good chips, has not been nearly as good with driver support, as nVidia, or AMD/ATI. As mentioned above, the video driver is not so important for general computing (Intel's target), but programs, such as PrE, extreme games, or 3D work, require much more from the video driver - other programs will usually still run pretty well, but not programs, like PrE.

Good luck, and hope that Intel has a newer driver for you, that solves your issue.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to rms1908

Hi RMS1908

As asked by Jeff, could you check your event viewer and let us know the fault module mentioned under Error for Premiere Elements.

It will help us in providing suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to rms1908

According to Intels web site the latest drivers are 15.28.15.306 dated 21st March 2013. If you try those, create a System Restore point first - it is possible that Acer customise the generic drivers so a Restore point makes it easier to revert should you wish to do so.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to rms1908

It runs on an older computer than this one ok.

Does that older computer have the same exact video chip/card, and the same exact video driver, as the computer, on which the program will not run?

Also, is the OS the exact same on both computers, and have the exact same updates and hot-fixes been applied to both?

Good luck, and I hope that Neale's video driver will do the trick. Also, do check the Acer Web site, to see if they offer a re-wrapped, updated driver for the Intel Graphics chip.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points