Skip navigation
kennvidro
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get Photoshop 2 (yes 2) to install on my new Gateway computer with windows 8...?

Jun 14, 2013 4:53 AM

It keeps rejecting my installation....."must have internet explorer 4.4 or higher to install".....Windows 8 has internet explorer 10 !!!!! Help!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 5:33 AM   in reply to kennvidro

Hi kennvidro

Please turn on compatibility mode in Internet Explorer 10.  You can find more details at Fix site display problems with Compatibility View -http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility -view#ie=ie-10.

Or Use any other browser ... !

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 6:42 AM   in reply to kennvidro

Photoshop 2 was a Macintosh only program released in 1991. It will not work on Windows 8. Photoshop 2.5 was the first available on a PC platform. As to Photoshop CS 2 (aka Photoshop 9) it is likely to have major compatibility problems in Windows 8, especially if you are running on a 64-bit version of Windows 8. You can probably do better with Photoshop Elements if upgradeing to Photoshop CS 6 is not in the cards.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to kennvidro

Kennvidro Michael's response is still going to be valid.  Please upgrade to Photoshop Elements 11 if you wish to run Photoshop Elements on a recent operating system.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points