Skip navigation
jimfelderokc
Currently Being Moderated

I can't find Bridge CS6 to Download

Jun 14, 2013 7:59 AM

Tags: #adobe #bridge #creative #cs6 #cloud #cc

I am a new CC users. I have downloaded some apps. I can't find the latest Bridge app. I have CS5 but thought I would download the latest Bridge. Where is it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

CC will not be introduced until June 17.  Check back then.   Right now all you get is CS6 which Bridge is part of.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

Bridge comes with CS6, it is not a separate program, but will have its own files.  Can be launched from PS.

CC is the official moniker for PS V 14.x.  Would be known as CS7 but from now on they are only bringing out products on the cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

What OS?  Minibridge will not work without launching big bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

Not familiar with mac file structure, but can assure you it is on your computer.  In Win OS it would be labeled bridge.exe but think mac does not use .exe for the executable program.

Rather than trying to launch from PS find the bridge file and launch from there.

You can only have one Bridge running at the same time.  If Bridge CS5 is runnig in background CS6 will not launch.  On mac not sure how to check to see if propram in background.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

If you have CS5 the default mode for Bridge is "start at login".  So it may be running whether you know it or not.  This can be disabled by going to edit/preferences/advanced.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 14, 2013 9:52 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

That's why I'm confused about it. It's not installed.

If you have used the Application manager in Creative Cloud and downloaded and installed Photshop from there it should automatically have been installed in the same folder as where PSCS 6 has been installed, by default your applications folder on root level.

The new version  PS and all other current CS6 apps will appear under the new name with CC at the end, CS7 will not be the new name for the next versions.

Also in CC Bridge will be a separate download.

However when you have a full license for the Creative Cloud (currently showing only CS6 application) you should be able to get Bridge CS6 at your system with Photoshop CS6

Also check preferences for language version and be sure to use the update option also because the default download is not the newest.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

jimfelderokc wrote:

Application manager is the only way I've downloaded the apps for Creative Cloud. It did not download Bridge. All apps are up to date.

"Also in CC Bridge will be a separate download."

If that is so, find it and send me a link. I don't see it.

From post #3.  Bridge comes with CS6, it is not a separate program, but will have its own files.  Can be launched from PS.

CC is the official moniker for PS V 14.x.  Would be known as CS7 but from now on they are only bringing out products on the cloud.

Assume your new download did not change anything?  Does CS6 photoshop work?

To include screenshots in the reply box click on the camera icon.

CS6 is now, CC will not be introduced until June 17.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 14, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

Are you with Adobe? I appreciate your input, really I do. But you are telling me many things that I've already tried and done. Bridge CS6 is not on my machine and it's not being downloaded and installed when I do so.

No I'm not with Adobe, I'm just a Photographer, and use Adobe for my professional workflow.

To me it is not very clear from your posts what you have done so far.

Could you specify what system version you have and what version of PSCS6 you have currently installed (menu PS / about PS - and also About Camera Raw what Camera Raw plug in) you have installed.

And what version of the Adobe Application Manager you have installed (mine has been updated lately and shows 7.0.0.324)

btw, I have a MacPro and am on OSX 10.8.4 and have Bridge CS6 via CreativeCloud installed without problems.

"Also in CC Bridge will be a separate download."

If that is so, find it and send me a link. I don't see it.

Like Curt already stated, you have to wait for the new versions until 17th of june, the new naming convention is not CS7 but just CC

http://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

You seem to fail to read what is being said.  THERE IS NO CC UNTIL JUNE 17!!!

Cloud CS6 is NOT CC!!

CS6 comes with Bridge, CC does not.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to jimfelderokc

Guess I had to shout as you did not hear the normal comments and kept refering to your recent download as CC although you called in CS6.

We find it hard to believe that Bridge did not download with CS6.  It is not an app. no special download needed.  You are alone in this quest if you did not get it with CS6.

And no Adobe folks do not read these forums.

If it is any consultion many feel CS5 BRidge is a better product.  In fact I use CS5 Bridge and CS6 PS.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to jimfelderokc

One thing about an unistall and reistall.  If you don't run the Adobe Script Cleaner it may not do much good.

Let us know what you find out.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 14, 2013 3:09 PM   in reply to jimfelderokc

Why does it matter that CS6 is now CC and I have to wait until the 17th? If you, Omke, have installed Bridge successfully and I haven't, has nothing to do with that does it?

To summarize (And after reading the transcript of the chat I can imagine the confusion):

Currently Adobe products are available as CS6, where CS stands for Creative Suite and is the collective number of a Central Upgrade Adobe chose to represent their products.

CS6 contains Photoshop version 13, Bridge version 5, Illustrator version 16, Indesign version 8 etc etc. You get the picture. A while ago Adobe bundled their upgrades as a Creative Suite, starting from CS (in fact CS1 but they started with numbers as of CS2)

There where different combinations of the CS possible (like Design, Web Premium, etc up to the so called Master Collection containing all applications) and all applications where available as stand alone, having the addition CS6 to its name.

Per CS6 Adobe started to distribute their products as available in the Cloud (called the Creative Cloud or AdobeCC) with a subscription and besides this also available as perpetual license (buying a DVD or download version).

Adobe decided to distribute all their apps of the next version only available in the Creative Cloud, you have to buy a license through paying a monthly subscription fee. Either as a subscription per application ( in Europe around 20 euro per Application per month) or for the total Creative Cloud (to compare with the formerly know Master Collection) which is in Europe around 60 euro, about 50 dollars.

Instead of calling this next version (released at 17th of june) CS7 they have chosen to simply call this AdobeCC. So Instead of Photoshop CS6 we will not get Photoshop CS7 but PhotoshopCC.

Using the cloud subscription they don't bother with the total picture of upgrading with the usual Creative Suite version per about 18 months and in between some rare updates but instead are able to update and upgrade whenever one of the applications is ready for it. The Adobe Application Manager is the central for this.

From within this application you can set the prefs to language specific and it shows you to install or update the application you want to appear on your system or not.

If you want just a few you download the applications you like or want to use, if you want them all so be it, your choice.

Great advantage is the predictable cost per month, the option to se about all available Adobe Applications as if you had the Master Collection and always the latest available updates and upgrades at hand.

Biggest disadvantage is when you stop paying your monthly fee (I believe with a year contract) you end up with nothing, you are not able to use all prior available applications once you stop paying. You will have to go back to an older perpetual license you bought in the past together with its serial number.

I don't want to start a discussion here about perpetual license and cloud subscription. Fact is Adobe changed its policy and it is highly unlikely they will change this again. It is also highly likely that within 5 or 10 years all applications of the vast majority of vendors is only available as such kind of subscription.

You also don't have to use different serial numbers, just signing in with 1 Adobe ID provides you with 2 possible licenses, to use together at 2 systems, either both the same platform or both different (Mac / Windows)

I'm also wanting to know about getting all my plugins installed to CS6 that I used in CS5. Do I have to go download and find all my licenses for those plugins to reinstall?

Plug ins are mostly third party options that either can be installed to the newer Adobe versions or have to be updated by the original vendor.

To get back to the original subject, CS6 (currently the most recent available Adobe Suite) works for many people on MacOSX 10.8.3 or 4.

If you have the option to have it in OSX 10.7 working correctly the it is either user or system specific problem.

Uninstalling CS6 and before using the official uninstaller is usually enough if you also include to remove preferences and serial number, but when in trouble you might also need the Adobe Clean Tool to remove all left relevant pieces of Adobe applications. This is somewhat a major operation and before doing so you have to be sure having proper back up of all custom settings, keyword lists, actions, tool presets and third party plug ins.

Check this out and read carefully before using:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

However I would start with uninstall CS6 and log out from the Cloud using the Application Manager.

Then do system maintenance (either Apple Disk Utility or third party like Cocktail) with check and repair permissions.

Then log in again in the cloud and download and install PS. This should install both PSCS6 and Bridge CS6 on your application folder at root level.

I can't check nor don't know if downloading only InDesign, Illustrator or PremierePro would provide you also with Bridge but I know for sure Photoshop CS6 does.

When Adobe presents the next version of their software (17th of june is the worldwide release date for this) you will be able to download Bridge as a separate application (as you where also able to install and uninstall Bridge separate in a CS4 suite)

It is interesting to know what happens with the new BridgeCC when presented as a separate app. Will you need a second subscription when only have subscribed to Photoshop or will it still be a free download as we where used to be when buying a perpetual license of Photoshop. I don't know.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points